How many Oscars does Marvel have?

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Oooh. Do they kiss? I might have to see this now. I like a bromance, especially when they wear such wonderful undergarments.
Nothing makes more sense than not killing a guy because his mother has the same name as yours [when in fact that's not even true... but it is in this movie... because.... "mature" and "dark" and "based on reality" reasons ]

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You've just ruined my excitement, Dev. I think I'll have to pass nd just stick with the bromantic fanfiction.

Oh god, this again.
It does remind me of just how much I do not miss IMDB forums

It always amuses me that we get these two groups of fan boys who will just side with one set of people dressed in spandex and rubber outfits over another merely because of brand loyalty it seems to be really pathetic to me and they need to grow up I mean its not as though its anything important they are fighting over, its not Godzilla V Gamera they are fighting over after all!

It always amuses me that we get these two groups of fan boys who will just side with one set of people dressed in spandex and rubber outfits over another merely because of brand loyalty it seems to be really pathetic to me and they need to grow up I mean its not as though its anything important they are fighting over, its not Godzilla V Gamera they are fighting over after all!
I support them all.. if you checked my collection right now you'd see marvel, DC, Image, Dark horse.. probably a couple others..

I just wish DC would start making good movies.

And #TeamGodzilla

I tend to think the same - it's a bit my dad is better than your dad in the sand pit. Movies are for entertainment. As long as people are entertained and the film makers make a lot of dough - good. I'm just curious about the op actually liking marvel. So why come here to troll? Seems like a waste of time to me. I dont get it.

I tend to think the same - it's a bit my dad is better than your dad in the sand pit. Movies are for entertainment. As long as people are entertained and the film makers make a lot of dough - good. I'm just curious about the op actually liking marvel. So why come here to troll? Seems like a waste of time to me. I dont get it.
It really is kids stuff Dani I remember such things in my childhood with the Spectrum and C64 where we would argue which one was best in the playground all day long yet strangely my freinds would all want to play on my C64 after school and I never said no to playing on their Spectrum's either. I like DC and Marvel with me leaning a bit more towards DC as I grew up with Batman and Superman and did not really see too much of any Marvel character other than the TV series of Hulk and watching some really dodgy Spider-Man movie in the cinema where he fights some Kendo guys and trust me when this
is the height of Superhero action I am not likely to become enticed even as a kid. Now like a lot of others I just wish that DC would start to make some good movies again.

I didnt even know what this extended universe was until I came to this board a few weeks ago.

I have to sy, the warring between the people who loved La La Land and those who did not was probably worse than this one, I kid you not, and most of those people were probably grandparent age. If someone likes a movie or brand or whatever - that's great. If they dont - that's also great. We live in the free world, not north korea, so people are free to like or not like whatever they want.

The clear bait of SS got an oscar, how many does marvel have just seems a bit childish, though.

The clear bait of SS got an oscar, how many does marvel have just seems a bit childish, though.
Not when you keep in mind the answer is "Enough to have a hugely successful trendsetting franchise rolling up on 15 critically acclaimed movies. How many does DCEU have? not enough huh?"

Plus joby is just a little kid who gets off on baiting people and trolling.

It really is kids stuff Dani I remember such things in my childhood with the Spectrum and C64 where we would argue which one was best in the playground all day long yet strangely my freinds would all want to play on my C64 after school and I never said no to playing on their Spectrum's either. I like DC and Marvel with me leaning a bit more towards DC as I grew up with Batman and Superman and did not really see too much of any Marvel character other than the TV series of Hulk and watching some really dodgy Spider-Man movie in the cinema where he fights some Kendo guys and trust me when this
is the height of Superhero action I am not likely to become enticed even as a kid. Now like a lot of others I just wish that DC would start to make some good movies again.
lol I remember that series, and damn you now I have to watch that whole thing.

Good on them for their successful franchise, I say. The more the company and primary film makers make, the more the hard working crew make. Win Win.

You have to give the MCU credit for having so many fresh rated films in their franchise I do not believe any other film franchise has ever achieved this. However we also have to credit DC for popularising the CBM genre in the first place if it was not for the likes of Superman and Batman movies I doubt we would have ever have had Marvel making any serious attempt at a superhero movie let alone create a movie studio.

I don't know if I'd say "Ever".. the way they crank out reboots nowadays, they're out of ideas. I'm sure comic book movies would have gotten a shot regardless what came before.

Not taking anything away from the early DC stuff, Superman, Superman 2, The first couple Batmans in 89/90's then Batman Begins... But I think it's completely inaccurate to say comic book films wouldn't ever come around if DC hadn't done some first...

Daily visits to read some movie and tv series boards was like willingly submitting to Groundhog day.

Good on them for their successful franchise, I say. The more the company and primary film makers make, the more the hard working crew make. Win Win.
I had to google the a whole lot of acronyms to understand half the fights.

Edited to add: I just identify as a comic fan. Don't care for the sibling rivalry between factions, other than cursory amusement.

I don't know if I'd say "Ever".. the way they crank out reboots nowadays, they're out of ideas. I'm sure comic book movies would have gotten a shot regardless what came before.

Not taking anything away from the early DC stuff, Superman, Superman 2, The first couple Batmans in 89/90's then Batman Begins... But I think it's completely inaccurate to say comic book films wouldn't ever come around if DC hadn't done some first...
To say they would not have come around may well be inaccurate on my part I am sure that CBM or Superhero movies would have still existed as evident by the non DC/Marvel movies however would they have ever have been such big productions as we see today without DC influence and demonstrating the level of interest a big budget superhero movie can create? Impossible to say of course simply because we never have a alternative universe to compare ourselves too like in the comics lol. The thing with reboots though is they are made usually because the studios feel like it is a safe bet and are able to milk the original movie fans by relaunching a new version rather than for the love of the original movie or to make art. Still sometimes we are given a good reboot I guess but more often than not they do not equal the original or even attempt to surpass it.