"What more should I check out from this director?"

Tools    

The truth is in here
Do you have a movie you've seen from a director and you did think it was great or at least good, but you haven't seen any other ones from him/her yet?

Some of mine:

Primal Fear (Gregory Hoblit)
White Noise (Geoffrey Sax) (This is a very underrated chiller)
Two Bits (James Foley) (Love this movie, made me tear up)
Paprika (Satoshi Kon)
Ikarie X-B 1 (Jindrich Pólak) (Exciting sci-fi)
Carnival Of Souls (Herk Harvey)
Candyman (Bernard Rose)
Elvis! Elvis! (Kay Pollack)
American Psycho (Mary Harron) (Although I have seen Oz, which she directed a few episodes of)
Prom Night (Paul Lynch)
The Slumber Party Massacre (Amy Holden Jones)
Straw Dogs (Sam Peckinpah) (One of the most riveting psychological thrillers in film history)
The Amityville Horror (Stuart Rosenberg)
Journey To The Center Of The Earth (Henry Levin)
Freeway (Matthew Bright) (I laughed and was incredibly disturbed at the same time)
Ugly, Dirty And Bad (Ettore Scola)
The Holy Mountain (Alejandro Jorodowsky) (WOW... Now this is film making at its most fever dreamish!)
The Last Days Of Frankie The Fly (Peter Markle)

And... you know, many more! Recommendations would be very welcome, and you are of course free to share your own cases as well.

This might just do nobody any good.
I've been meaning to check out more from Don Siegel. Friend of mine's favorite movie was Escape from Alcatraz and I knew he did Dirty Harry. I liked those and found The Beguiled, which I loved, so I've been on the look out for Charley Varrick and The Killers.

I'm also looking for more from Peckinpah. I love Alfredo Garcia and, due to my love of The Assassination of Jesse James, friends have suggested Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid.

I've been meaning to check out more from Don Siegel. Friend of mine's favorite movie was Escape from Alcatraz and I knew he did Dirty Harry. I liked those and found The Beguiled, which I loved, so I've been on the look out for Charley Varrick and The Killers.
Also check out The Shootist

The truth is in here
Don Siegel is a fantastic director. I highly recommend Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, a very classic horror movie with social commentary.

Paprika (Satoshi Kon)
Kon only made four feature films (plus some TV stuff, I think). Tokyo Godfathers is my favorite, but it's pretty different from Paprika. It's not Sci-Fi and there's much less focus on the visuals and much more on the characters and their relationships with each other.

You really can't go wrong with any of his movies though. Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress are also very good.

The Killers is ace. Good timing on The Beguiled wasn't it ? I couldn't remember whether he did Play Misty for Me – as he's in it – but no, it was Clint Eastwood.

I decided to check it out because of the remake announcement, haha.

Fun movie, that one.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Do you have a movie you've seen from a director and you did think it was great or at least good, but you haven't seen any other ones from him/her yet?

Some of mine:

Primal Fear (Gregory Hoblit)
White Noise (Geoffrey Sax) (This is a very underrated chiller)
Two Bits (James Foley) (Love this movie, made me tear up)
Paprika (Satoshi Kon)
Ikarie X-B 1 (Jindrich Pólak) (Exciting sci-fi)
Carnival Of Souls (Herk Harvey)
Candyman (Bernard Rose)
Elvis! Elvis! (Kay Pollack)
American Psycho (Mary Harron) (Although I have seen Oz, which she directed a few episodes of)
Prom Night (Paul Lynch)
The Slumber Party Massacre (Amy Holden Jones)
Straw Dogs (Sam Peckinpah) (One of the most riveting psychological thrillers in film history)
The Amityville Horror (Stuart Rosenberg)
Journey To The Center Of The Earth (Henry Levin)
Freeway (Matthew Bright) (I laughed and was incredibly disturbed at the same time)
Ugly, Dirty And Bad (Ettore Scola)
The Holy Mountain (Alejandro Jorodowsky) (WOW... Now this is film making at its most fever dreamish!)
The Last Days Of Frankie The Fly (Peter Markle)

And... you know, many more! Recommendations would be very welcome, and you are of course free to share your own cases as well.
"A Perfect Day" - Ettore Scola
"Ride the Country High" - Sam Peckinpah
("The Getaway" is very accessible, "Junior Bonner" is probably his most light-hearted, also with Steve McQueen)

25th hour - Spike Lee
7th heaven - Frank Borzage
A separation - Asghar Farhadi
All about Eve - Joseph L. Mankiewicz. Just... how.
American History X - Tony Kaye
Blue is the warmest color - Abdellatif Kechiche. But apparently I watched the crowning achievement of his career, so he's not a priority.
Butterfly - José Luis Cuerda
Carlito's way - Brian de Palma. A big name.
Cat on a hot tin roof - Richard Brooks
Come and see - Elem Klimov
Day of the wacko - Marek Koterski
Days of wine and roses - Blake Edwards
Death of a cyclist - Juan Antonio Bardem
Decasia - Bill Morrison
Doctor Zhivago - David Lean
Donnie Darko - Richard Kelly. Same as Kechiche it seems.
Groundhog Day - Harold Ramis. The rest of his filmography doesn't look very promising...
Il posto - Ermanno Olmi
Kind hearts and coronets - Robert Hamer
La jetée - Chris Marker
Le trou - Jacques Becker
Macario - Roberto Gavaldón
Night on the Galactic Railroad - Gisaburo Sugii
Once - John Carney
Rosaura at 10 o'clock - Mario Soffici
Silence of the lambs - Jonathan Demme
Star Wars episode V: The Empire strikes back - Irvin Kershner. Yep... not very interested on this one.
Suspiria - Dario Argento
The ascent - Larisa Shepitko
The Blues Brothers - John Landis
The cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Robert Wiene
The great escape - John Sturges
The killers - Robert Siodmak
The name of the rose - Jean-Jacques Annaud
The skeleton of Mrs. Morales - Rogelio A. González
The Truman show - Peter Weir
The umbrellas of Cherbourg - Jacques Demy
Traffic - Steven Soderbergh
Travelling Circus - Linh Viet
What ever happened to Baby Jane? - Robert Aldrich
When the cat comes - Vojtech Jasný
Witchhammer - Otakar Vávra
World's greatest dad - Bobcat Goldthwait

And these are only the
s

From Spike Lee check out Do the Right Thing and Malcolm X. Those two are his masterpieces. Inside Man is a cool breezy movie from him as well.

De Palma: Dressed to Kill is unbelievable. Blow Out is my favorite from his filmography, tough.

From Jonathan Damme, check out Rachel Getting Married. Might be a bit somnambulistic, worlds away from Silence but is expertly directed and performed.

Soderbergh is full of great stuff. My favorites are The Limey, Out of Sight, both Che movies and Side Effects. Contagion and Haywire are awesome thrillers from him.

I, too, have never seen any other work of Mary Harron except for American Psycho...I was a faithful Oz fan and never noticed that Mary Harron directed some episodes.

Haven't seen it but i read that Something Wild from Jonathan Demme is supposed to be incredible. Think it was maybe Dave Kehr who has it as one of the best of the 80's.

Come and see - Elem Klimov
I've read that that's the only one worth watching, that he wouldn't be remembered at all if it wasn't for Come and See. Can't say myself though as i still haven't seen Come and See nevermind the rest of his films.

From Spike Lee check out Do the Right Thing and Malcolm X. Those two are his masterpieces. Inside Man is a cool breezy movie from him as well.

De Palma: Dressed to Kill is unbelievable. Blow Out is my favorite from his filmography, tough.

From Jonathan Damme, check out Rachel Getting Married. Might be a bit somnambulistic, worlds away from Silence but is expertly directed and performed.

Soderbergh is full of great stuff. My favorites are The Limey, Out of Sight, both Che movies and Side Effects. Contagion and Haywire are awesome thrillers from him.
Thank you! I'll take note of all these.

By the way, I just noticed that there's one I missed... and it's a big one:

Hedwig and the Angry Inch - John Cameron Mitchell

Another one that caught my eye after i had posted from your list was Tony Kaye. I really hate American History X so maybe i'm not the one to ask but i thought Detachment was pretty great.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Haven't seen it but i read that Something Wild from Jonathan Demme is supposed to be incredible. Think it was maybe Dave Kehr who has it as one of the best of the 80's.
I really enjoyed Something Wild and would definitely put it in my top 20 films of the 80's. I would also say it's my one of my two favorite performance by Ray Liotta (the other would be Goodfellas).

Another one that caught my eye after i had posted from your list was Tony Kaye. I really hate American History X so maybe i'm not the one to ask but i thought Detachment was pretty great.
Well, American History X is a teen favorite I haven't rewatched in a while, so you may have a point. Thanks for the recommendation. And now that you mentioned it, on Klimov... I've heard good things about Agony, Welcome or No trespassing and Farewell, particularly the last one, though not on the same level as his widely recognized masterpiece. He seems to be more than a one-hit wonder though.

Right? I'm in the same boat. I watched Detachment first, then American History X, then thought to myself "no, this can't possibly be the same guy."

Lake of Fire is supposed to be good too. Don't think i could sit through a two and a half hour documentary about abortion though.
With how heavy handed, and obvious American History X was, I think I'd be scared to watch a documentary from him on any subject.

But, who knows. Maybe he found his niche.