Something to remember

Tools    

Suicide Squad outgrossed Doctor Strange.

This might just do nobody any good.
Suicide Squad got as many Oscar nominations as Silence.

Moved to the Business/Box Office discussion forum. Please place threads in the correct forum.

I assume this is part of some silly Marvel/DC war. The idea of taking sides in something like that makes me want to break out in hives from the pointlessness of it all. But if I were a Marvel fan, I'd probably point out that Suicide Squad is supposed to be a star-studded super team film with Will Smith and The Joker (!), whereas Doctor Strange is a second-tier Marvel property with no movie stars whatsoever...and it still didn't beat it by much (particularly worldwide). So I'm not sure I'd call this a feather in DC's cap, even if I thought it made sense to give a crap about such things.

Moved to the Business/Box Office discussion forum. Please place threads in the correct forum.

I assume this is part of some silly Marvel/DC war. The idea of taking sides in something like that makes me want to break out in hives from the pointlessness of it all. But if I were a Marvel fan, I'd probably point out that Suicide Squad is supposed to be a star-studded super team film with Will Smith and The Joker (!), whereas Doctor Strange is a second-tier Marvel property with no movie stars whatsoever...and it still didn't beat it by much (particularly worldwide). So I'm not sure I'd call this a feather in DC's cap, even if I thought it made sense to give a crap about such things.
Suicide Squad had Joker and that's it. The rest were C-list characters, unlike Doctor Strange who was a B-list.

You fail little MCU zealot. Try again.

Suicide Squad had Joker and that's it.
1. The Joker is a big deal. All by himself, that's more built-in interest than Strange's title character.

2. Will freakin' Smith.

The rest were C-list characters, unlike Doctor Strange who was a B-list.
Sorry, is there an objective tier system I should know about? Because it sounds like you basically made this distinction up.

Subjectively, I'll say that some of them were C-list characters. But don't try to tell me, with a straight face, that more people talked about Doctor Strange than Harley Quinn. Not even close.

You fail little MCU zealot. Try again.
Maybe you missed these parts. Try (reading) again:

The idea of taking sides in something like that makes me want to break out in hives from the pointlessness of it all.
...even if I thought it made sense to give a crap about such things.

But don't try to tell me, with a straight face, that more people talked about Doctor Strange than Harley Quinn. Not even close.:
Oh how blind the little zealot is here.

Gunslinger beats arrow slinger everytime. Just look at the box office of Wild West compared to Robin Hood.

And not to mention that deriving any sense of personal accomplishment from one made-up universe's movie making 10% more money than another made-up universe's movie is really dumb to begin with.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Seems to me this might be a sock...

I am purring in your face right now.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Banned already??? But I didn't get my turn for a witty reply!!!

Suspect's Reviews