Talented People You Don't Like?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm watching "A New Land" and I've seen Liv Ullman in many movies. I think she's a pretty good actress, but I never have liked her.

I'll think of more later, didn't wanna forget, and don't want to distract myself from this movie - it's almost 4 hours long! (and the DVR kept freezing

I don't actually wear pants.
I can't stand Meryl Streep (though she's kind of sucked recently). Everyone lauds her as the greatest actress ever, which I think got to her head, and now she's an arrogant twat and obnoxious. She gets Oscar nominations just because of her name, and she knows this, so she just coasts through her roles. Annoying.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I find meryl can be hit and miss. I really liked her daughter in AHS, though.

I don't actually wear pants.
I find meryl can be hit and miss. I really liked her daughter in AHS, though.
I lost interest in American Horror Story in the third season. The second is quite good, and the first all right (though it loses steam in the last couple of episodes), but I couldn't stand what little I saw of the third.

You should come down to the AHS thread in tv. I really liked the whole show but like seeing what people didn't like about particular seasons.

Liv Ullmann is one of my favourite actresses. What is it you don't like about her Matt? Is it something about her personal life or as an actress?

Can't really think of one right now, i'll post if anything comes to mind.

Russell Brand.

Oh wait, you said talented.

I'll bump for you so we don't hijack. Down below in off topic - intermission chat I think it's called.

I think Bill Cosby was one of the funniest stand up comedians alive.

But, obviously, I don't like him anymore...

Liv Ullmann is one of my favourite actresses. What is it you don't like about her Matt? Is it something about her personal life or as an actress?

Can't really think of one right now, i'll post if anything comes to mind.
She's a great actress, I thought she was actually best in "Zandy's Bride" but I can't say I like her. It's nothing personal, she seems so cold and stuck-up. Devious while showing a proper exterior.

Meryl Streep was mentioned, and she's someone I love. Maybe not in "Manhattan" (she was supposed to be a bitch) but in every other movie where she isn't a "heavy", there's something that comes out of her. It's the smile, the eyes, her smile. I don't think she's ever done anything horrible in real life either, except for being a stooge for Hillary Clinton

It's so odd to me that you don't like Liv Ullman...I've read very little about her personally and know nothing about her outside of her work onscreen, I'm curious where your dislike of her comes from.

I can't stand Meryl Streep (though she's kind of sucked recently). Everyone lauds her as the greatest actress ever, which I think got to her head, and now she's an arrogant twat and obnoxious. She gets Oscar nominations just because of her name, and she knows this, so she just coasts through her roles. Annoying.
I can understand your feelings to some extent, but can't really get behind the statement that she coasts through her roles...Streep very rarely phones it in. JMO.

It's so odd to me that you don't like Liv Ullman...I've read very little about her personally and know nothing about her outside of her work onscreen, I'm curious where your dislike of her comes from.
No stems. I've seen a dozen of movies with her in them. As I mentioned earlier, she comes across as cold, snobbish, devious, lifeless, etc... I'm sure I can name dozens more who I like less, it just happened that she was in the movie I saw today.

I was just thinking of what I know of her personally. I know that she was also the director's girlfriend, and then I thought of Giulieta Masina, who I love, and though she comes across as cynical in "Nights of Cabiria" . In "La Strada" she's an angel. Just like Gena Rowlands in "A Woman Under The Influence" and then six years later, she plays a cynical, streetwise woman on the run in "Gloria".

It's also interesting what Pontecorvo said (when he was looking for the man who would play Ali LaPointe in The Battle of Algiers) "It's the face".

Will Ferrell
Eddie Murphy
Zach Galifianakis
Jim Carey
Bobby Moynihan
Keenan Thompson
Oprah Winfrey