New Individual Movie Pages

Tools    

Sweet. Not sure if this has been asked, but how are review excerpts determined? I notice a few lines are taken from reviews and appear on the movie page?
We've talked about it a bit, but yeah, and some of yours are pretty amusing: Sometimes, code is funny.

It's just a simple algorithm that tries to grab something from the middle of each review and make sure it's a full sentence. It needs tweaking, though: I want to exclude the shorter and longer ones. It's always going to produce some goofy results, unfortunately, but it can probably still be significantly better.

We've talked about it a bit, but yeah, and some of yours are pretty amusing: Sometimes, code is funny.

Yyyeah, I notice I'm the only one to give a rating to Ink and it's a 5/5, but you wouldn't guess it from the excerpt.

Originally Posted by Yoda
It's just a simple algorithm that tries to grab something from the middle of each review and make sure it's a full sentence. It needs tweaking, though: I want to exclude the shorter and longer ones. It's always going to produce some goofy results, unfortunately, but it can probably still be significantly better.
Okay. In the meanwhile I'm gonna look for some of those goofy ones.

Good idea. There are some gems out there.

Your excerpt for John Wick makes me really want to leave it as-is, because it's tremendous, but yeah, gotta improve it.

Can you link me to the page where you saw that second error? I can have that fixed shortly. The insert attachment thing might take a bit longer. Still working on that.

Can you link me to the page where you saw that second error? I can have that fixed shortly. The insert attachment thing might take a bit longer. Still working on that.
I was trying to click the "More About Movie" link at the bottom of the review page I linked.

Okay, thanks. That's fixed. Still working on the image thing, but the errors should be gone.
It's working now.

I feel like that Insert Image option takes a bit more fiddling than just Copy Link > Place Cursor > Insert Image > Paste.

I'd assumed the fact that one is a click, and the other is a few steps and actions, would make it easier, though that might not be true if someone was already used to the old one and can do it without even thinking any more.

Certainly fine if someone wants to do it the old way. It won't remove the thumbnail at the end, but that's no big deal.

I'd assumed the fact that one is a click, and the other is a few steps and actions, would make it easier, though that might not be true if someone was already used to the old one and can do it without even thinking any more.

Certainly fine if someone wants to do it the old way. It won't remove the thumbnail at the end, but that's no big deal.
Unless you'd like a reference page to check how your fix is working, I'll re-link those images then.

Just a suggestion: somewhere by the average rating it might be worth putting how many individual ratings comprise that average?

(even as part of the mouseover would be ok imo)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I love how it's mainly @Iroquois and myself reviewing and rating all the Twilight movies.

Suspect's Reviews