The 'Across The Decades' Song Tournament

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Thanks to all the peeps that helped me out with the link stuff.

Sorry, but I'm gonna drop out of this. Loved my nominations and the idea of the tournament, but I don't wanna wait awhile for this to start, and I'm sure it'll be a slow tournament once it does.

The MOVIE CLIPS SONG TOURNAMENT PART II will be on hold indefinitely. I might even ask Yoda to delete the thread. Not too many people interested, and I don't have the time now to host another tourney. Too busy working on my new house. Sorry guys.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Sorry, but I'm gonna drop out of this. Loved my nominations and the idea of the tournament, but I don't wanna wait awhile for this to start, and I'm sure it'll be a slow tournament once it does.
Sexy, SONG #18 is on you. I'll join but can't host.

Ok, appreciate the heads-up, I'll drop you out and remove your noms.

The MOVIE CLIPS SONG TOURNAMENT PART II will be on hold indefinitely. I might even ask Yoda to delete the thread. Not too many people interested, and I don't have the time now to host another tourney. Too busy working on my new house. Sorry guys.
Thanks for letting us know - new house certainly should take precedence imo.

I'll start this one right after the Valentines' tournament.

OK, it's a great idea, so maybe just wait until you can do it. We have numerous new members now, so I bet if it's brought to their attention, you'd get more people in it.

I can relate on the house stuff. That's what's been getting loads of my time. I'm in the middle of redoing mine, and by summer or fall, a bunch of rooms are getting added on. It's very exciting remodeling an old home.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks for the info. There's no reason to delete the thread. Just bump it at a later date when you're ready to run the tournament. It's a great idea, and it's your baby, so we'll wait until you're ready. There's no rush. Congrats on your new house.

Thanks for letting us know - new house certainly should take precedence imo.

I'll start this one right after the Valentines' tournament.
With the Movie Clips Tournament on hold, I guess I was working on my noms for the wrong tournament. I'll try to work on my noms for this tournament some time this weekend.

Nice to meet a King Crimson fan
not a (big) devoted fan-yet but I laik them very much
Nice to see black hole sun - soundgarden, and there there was one of my faovrite
from radiohead

Got 'em

For the benefit of those that have not been in one of these before it is perfectly fine to change any of your own nominations should you wish right up until just prior to the tournament starting .... just pls let me know if you do so.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
not a (big) devoted fan-yet but I laik them very much
Nice to see black hole sun - soundgarden, and there there was one of my faovrite
from radiohead
I'm a Crimson and Floyd fanboy myself.

Crimson's more Prog Rock stuff is what I like the best [Red, Discipline, 3 of a Perfect Pair, Starless and Bible Black, Beat...]. I spend quite a while playing Crimson and Floyd on guitar

Soundgarden is also one of my favorite bands. Chris Cornell had a great voice.

As we have a nice round number of players (12) and there's been no further interest in the past couple of days I'm gonna close this to further players now.

Who is keeping track of what song tourney is next? I've got a stack of random tunes building up. Is there any chance of a general one soon?