Nedstarks Country Music Hall Of Fame Part 2

Tools    

131 Meet Me In Montana----Dan Seals/ Marie Osmond.
I like duet songs quite a bit and this was one of the best ones from my memory on the radio during the 80s.

132 If Your Gonna Play In Texas----Alabama.
My first of 3 Alabama songs in the hall of fame. They were a great group during the 80s and 90s.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
131 Meet Me In Montana----Dan Seals/ Marie Osmond - I almost listed this song when I was listing some other Dan Seals songs in your other Country Music HoF thread. I love this song, and these two sound wonderful together. Some people only remember Marie Osmond as half of the teenage brother and sister team "Donny and Marie", but she has a beautiful voice.

132 If Your Gonna Play In Texas----Alabama - I'm not a very big fan of Alabama, (I like them, but I don't love them), but there's no denying that they had a huge impact on country music in the 1980's. (If I remember correctly, they were named the Country Music Artist of the Decade for the 1980's.) This is definitely one of their best songs, (along with "Mountain Music", "Dixieland Delight", and "Song of the South").

133 Billy Ray Cyrus---Some Gave All.
Just a shame his daughter cant sing songs like her father could. His first record had many great songs but by far this was his best one on the whole record. Sorry I just call CD'S and Tapes Records.

134 Good Run Of Bad Luck----Clint Black

This is first of 3 Clint Black songs. He was one of those groups of good 90s singers that kinda died off by early 2000 s but there songs are still loved by people like me who grew up during that time that liked Country music.

135 Highway101----Bed You Made For Me.

I just like this song and the group had a unique vocal sound I liked in 90s singing groups.

133 Billy Ray Cyrus---Some Gave All - It's a shame that many people only know Billy Ray Cyrus for his song "Achy Breaky Heart" because he deserves better. He has a great voice, and he recorded some amazing songs, and this song is probably his best song.

134 Good Run Of Bad Luck----Clint Black - This is a good song, but it's not my favorite Clint Black song. I'll hold off posting some of my favorite Clint Black songs for now because you mentioned that there are more of his songs to come. Let's see if we're in agreement about his other songs when they show up here.

135 Highway101----Bed You Made For Me - I like Highway 101, and I think this is probably their best song, but I'm not sure that it belongs in this HoF.

136 The Dirt Road--Sawyer Brown.

137 Where Corn Dont Grow----Travis Tritt

138 Your The Reason God Made Oklahoma----David Frizzel

139 Shenendoah----12 Dozen Roses

140 Ricky Skaggs----Honey

141 Marty Stuart----Hillbilly Rock.

On a rare thing is Marty Stuart is the only country singer i ever met. It was a couple years that his first tape came out called tempted i think.
Me and my mother was riding the greyhound bus from Georgia too WV. His bus broke down and he was on the bus from South Carolina too Virginia. How did we know was he was on TNN some time after i got home. On the bus we new him as the guy who talked to everyone non stop from South Carolina to Virginia and he talked all night long. I was 11 I think at the time.

136 The Dirt Road--Sawyer Brown - My favorite Sawyer Brown song is probably "The Walk", but this song is probably my second favorite of their songs.
Did you know that Sawyer Brown got their start when they won the TV show "Star Search"?

137 Where Corn Don't Grow----Travis Tritt - I like Travis Tritt, but I think he has better songs than this song. Some of my favorite Travis Tritt songs are "Help Me Hold On", "Can I Trust You with My Heart", "Anymore", Country Club", and "Here's a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)".

138 Your The Reason God Made Oklahoma----David Frizzell and Shelley West - David Frizzell has a great voice, and he sounds terrific with Shelley West. Great pick for this HoF. I also love his solo song "I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home", and her solo song "José Cuervo".

139 Shenandoah ----Two Dozen Roses - I think Shenandoah is a very underrated band, and this is one of their best songs. Great choice. Another of my favorite Shenandoah songs is the lesser known song "Ghost in This House".

140 Ricky Skaggs----Honey (Open That Door) - Ricky Skaggs crosses a bit into bluegrass, but he's a great singer and a great musician, and he definitely deserves a place in this HoF. This is one of my favorites of his songs.

141 Marty Stuart----Hillbilly Rock - Marty Stuart is another artist who crosses the line into bluegrass, but that's probably because he has a strong bluegrass background. This is one of his best songs, along with songs like "Tempted", and of course the songs he sang with Travis Tritt.

It's cool that you met Marty Stuart, but it's a shame that you didn't know who he was at the time. I met him many years ago when I lived in Texas. He was doing a small concert at the mall, and my friend had a huge crush on him, so we went to see him. She insisted that we stay around until the end so that she could talk to him. I don't remember much of the conversation, but he seemed like a very nice guy.

141 Check Yes Or No---George Strait

Sooner or later the George Strait songs had to begin. And There are 4 and thats the Same for Alan Jackson and Toby Keith and Randy Travis.

141 Check Yes Or No---George Strait - Only 4 George Strait songs?! He has enough amazing songs to have his own Hall of Fame. Having said that, this is a great song. (I just wish the people in the song tournament appreciated it more. )

142 Blackhawk-----Goodbye Says It All - This is a very underrated song, but it's borderline for the HoF. I probably would have chosen "I'm Not Strong Enough to Say No" instead of this song.

143 Long Black Train----Josh Turner - I love Josh Turner's deep voice, and this is arguably his best song. Great choice

144 Blue-----Leann Rimes - Leann Rimes has a beautiful voice, and she does this song justice.

145 Seminole Wind----John Anderson - I'm not a big fan of John Anderson, but this is a pretty good song. If I were picking a John Anderson song, I probably would have picked "Straight Tequila Night" instead of this song.

146 Boot Scootin' Boogie---Brooks and Dunn - This deserves to be in the HoF just for the dance.

147 Alan Jackson---Midnight In Montgomery - Alan Jackson is another artist who has so many great songs that he could easily have his own Hall of Fame. One of the most haunting songs in country music. Great choice.

148 A Better Man----Clint Black

I dont care what anyone else says. But I think Roy Rogers was Clint Blacks secret father. Im kinda kidding ofcourse but if any person could look like another too the nose then there has too be something too it.