President Trump

Tools    

We have a distinct lack of moderation in this country, and it stems into our politics big time. Just take the middle class as a quick easy example. Both parties would have you believe the other is killing the middle class with their fiscal policies. The middle class has more and are living a lifestyle that would have seemed like a pipe dream 20 or 30 years ago. I didn't grow up with cable TV, cell phone, internet, or two cars in the driveway, and my father was a small business owner. My kids will have all those things and probably more. We are spoiled rotten but you politicians would have you believing we are paupers.
Not sure what you meant by your last sentence. Are you saying that the politicians are treating as middle class as if we're paupers?

Trump’s approval hits a new low of 36 percent — but that’s not the bad news

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Z9p?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump calls for investigation of the Clintons' Russian ties

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Nsk?li=BBnb7Kz

Jesus...now the Fat Man is turning toward the Clintons with these wild accusations? Deflect deflect deflect--what is Trump hiding in that closet of his?

Not sure what you meant by your last sentence. Are you saying that the politicians are treating as middle class as if we're paupers?
Yeah

I see. I'm not sure if I agree with that view...or maybe I'm just not understanding the context of your argument here. Could you elaborate a bit, please?

I see. I'm not sure if I agree with that view...or maybe I'm just not understanding the context of your argument here. Could you elaborate a bit, please?
Politicians continuously characterize us as the have and have-nots, when we are much more accurately the have and the have-mores. We are fed a belief that if you side with a certain economic ideaology you will get what you have been denied by the opposition. It's a pie in the sky false reality that we are being promised. In my opinion it's not out of any kind of genuine concern for the middle to lower class, it's to get that vote which is necessary to be elected.

Politicians continuously characterize us as the have and have-nots, when we are much more accurately the have and the have-mores. We are fed a belief that if you side with a certain economic ideaology you will get what you have been denied by the opposition. It's a pie in the sky false reality that we are being promised. In my opinion it's not out of any kind of genuine concern for the middle to lower class, it's to get that vote which is necessary to be elected.
I see. Well, yeah, that happens a LOT with elections. That's how many voters are reeled in: anything to do with money. I agree with your assessment.

I see a lot of that when people whine about Trump's budget cuts ("TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH! THIS ONLY EXISTS TO MAKE THE WEALTHY WEALTHIER!") as if there is literally no interest for the working class to be fiscally conservative.

*looks at news

"TRUMP IS ROLLING BACK OBAMA'S CLIMATE CHANGE REGULATIONS"

*face palm loud enough to wake up neighbors

Apparently when German chancellor Angela Merkel visited the White House, Trump handed her a bill for $374 billion (which includes interest), which is what he thinks Germany owes NATO. Besides being obnoxious, it's just flat wrong.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...p-merkel-nato/

According to CNN, NATO sets a target for how much countries should spend on their own defense forces, the theory being that if all NATO countries have a strong defense, it will benefit all members. Currently the target for spending is 2% of a country's gross domestic product. Germany currently spends 1.2% of GDP on defense while the United States spends 3.61%. Only the U.S., Britain, Estonia, Poland, and Greece actually exceed 2% GDP defense spending.

But 2% is merely a guideline, and the money does not go to NATO as Trump seems to believe. It just means that Germany is spending 0.8% less of its GDP on its own defense, so even if Germany technically "owes" $374 billion in defense spending, it owes those funds to Germany's armed forces, not NATO. Trump basically handed Merkel a bill stating that she owes herself money.
Nice to see our president is informed about how these things work. NATO and diplomacy.

*looks at news

*face palm loud enough to wake up neighbors
Are we just assuming any and all environmental regulations are good, or are Obama's specific regulations too valuable to repeal?

Cause I gotta tell you, I don't think half the people reading these articles are committing that much thought to it.

Are we just assuming any and all environmental regulations are good, or are Obama's specific regulations too valuable to repeal?
Are we just assuming Dexter isn't aware of what environmental regulations Trump is rolling back, or are all efforts to protect the environment a waste of time?

Cause I gotta tell you, I don't think half the people reading these articles are committing that much thought to it.
I gotta tell you, I don't think Trump has any idea of what he's doing, just that he thinks it sounds good, because what he's doing won't bring back coal mining jobs, it'll just enrich the coal mining companies. Job growth is in wind and solar and natural gas ... and just about everything except coal, as it become more irrelevant and more automated.

This is just the latest in a trend from this administration, which seems hellbent on wiping out all protections to the environment, and everything Obama did along the way.

Are we just assuming Dexter isn't aware of what environmental regulations Trump is rolling back,
Even probabilistically, it is a legitimate question.

Originally Posted by Kaplan
or are all efforts to protect the environment a waste of time?
If I don't agree to one extreme, it must be the opposite extreme, eh?

I gotta tell you, I don't think Trump has any idea of what he's doing,
Okay.

what he's doing won't bring back coal mining jobs,
Okay.

it'll just enrich the coal mining companies. Job growth is in wind and solar and natural gas ...
Okay.

and just about everything except coal, as it become more irrelevant and more automated.
Okay.

...who said anything about coal?

This is just the latest in a trend from this administration, which seems hellbent on wiping out all protections to the environment,
When did Trump threaten the:

Clean Air Act?
Clean Water Act?
National Environmental Policy Act?
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act?
Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability (Superfund) Act?
etc., etc., etc....

Trump's threatened to kill the EPA's budget, but the EPA sucks and it's job could be done more competently. For sake of example, what'd the EPA do about Flint's water contamination problem?

Oh yeah, they're throwing 100 million tax dollars at the problem even though they knew about the issue ahead of time. Nice job.

Me thinks thou doth hyperbolize too much.

and everything Obama did along the way.
Oh no, poor Obama.

If I don't agree to one extreme, it must be the opposite extreme, eh?
It was you who set up this dichotomy of extremes. If you want to say something, say it. It's not difficult. State what you think, however you want to state it, and move on, without playing this game of counter punching just so you can prove to yourself how smart you think you are. Otherwise, you're just being a troll, as your comment to Dexter proves. Of course, I know you well, and I know that's how you operate.

...who said anything about coal?
See, there you go. Given that Trump had just signed the order to roll back regulations on the coal industry, it's not a stretch to assume Dexter was, at least in part, referring to that.

You really are a waste of time to interact with on any level, so whatever.

Are we just assuming Dexter isn't aware of what environmental regulations Trump is rolling back, or are all efforts to protect the environment a waste of time?

I gotta tell you, I don't think Trump has any idea of what he's doing, just that he thinks it sounds good, because what he's doing won't bring back coal mining jobs, it'll just enrich the coal mining companies. Job growth is in wind and solar and natural gas ... and just about everything except coal, as it become more irrelevant and more automated.

This is just the latest in a trend from this administration, which seems hellbent on wiping out all protections to the environment, and everything Obama did along the way.
Yes, the Fat Man is simply looking to undo everything Obama set up, regardless of what it is. This is more of an ego thing than anything else. Does anyone honestly still believe that this """president""" (I think I just threw up a little) actually cares about Americans? Oh, wait--many still do, for some crazy-a$$ reason...baffles me.

It was you who set up this dichotomy of extremes.
No it wasn't. I suggested one extreme as a plausible explanation for Dexter's assertion. The alternative being that he has an informed reason for asserting so to which I would appreciate some elaboration.

Trouble is, on it's face, it's indistinguishable from any other knee-jerk reaction.

If you want to say something, say it. It's not difficult. State what you think, however you want to state it, and move on, without playing this game of counter punching just so you can prove to yourself how smart you think you are.
I don't know what you're going on about.

Otherwise, you're just being a troll, as your comment to Dexter proves.
...if my comment proves I'm a troll, then why is there an "otherwise"?

Of course, I know you well, and I know that's how you operate.
*laugh* You and I barely interact.

See, there you go. Given that Trump had just signed the order to roll back regulations on the coal industry, it's not a stretch to assume Dexter was, at least in part, referring to that.
He could be referring to any number of things given the exact quote was:

This is nothing new. His de-regulation orders imply it, he's spoken out against the EPA, he personally doubts climate change (from what I hear), I hardly find it surprising, let alone specifically referring to the coal industry.

Your case against the "coal argument" is fine, I have no qualms with it, but it is not the lone argument in favor of this.

You really are a waste of time to interact with on any level, so whatever.
Have many levels have we interacted on?

Trump's business network reached alleged Russian mobsters

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...EaS?li=BBnbfcL

It just keeps coming and coming....
Nothing about Trump has surprised me yet. We knew this crazy ***** would happen. What IS surprising is the fact that so many people still defend/love him without QUESTION. I mean...really? It's one thing to support a leader but you don't have to like 100% EVERYTHING about them. Some people were actually defending his scrapping of the climate issues and, when people scolded them for defending Trump's action, they just replied back with: "Time for you liberal snowflakes to get a job!" and "Face it--Hillary lost!" I mean...they didn't even acknowledge the issue--just more deflection.

Trump signs executive order rolling back Obama-era climate protections

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...168_video.html

....and coming and coming....
And his supporters LOVE and SUPPORT this action...frightening.