Copyrights ? (Australia)

Tools    

I'm thinking of hosting an event during that i would like to display approximate a 1 hour of horror scenes binded together from movies so i was wondering if i could take a 5 minute scene from a bunch of movies with out needing a licence for the copyrights

To show a movie in a public place, whether in whole or in part, you would need a licence no matter what country you were in.
The movies in question, for instance, if you are in Australia, and showing Hollywood movies, you would still be accountable and, as shown in many a still from DVDs and BluRays, would be fined a hefty amount. I think the going rate in American Law is something like $150,000.

To show a movie in a public place, whether in whole or in part, you would need a licence no matter what country you were in.
The movies in question, for instance, if you are in Australia, and showing Hollywood movies, you would still be accountable and, as shown in many a still from DVDs and BluRays, would be fined a hefty amount. I think the going rate in American Law is something like $150,000.
ok thanks just wondering

I'm thinking of hosting an event during that i would like to display approximate a 1 hour of horror scenes binded together from movies so i was wondering if i could take a 5 minute scene from a bunch of movies with out needing a licence for the copyrights
Youtube Korean Film archive. They would be probably fine with that.