Time Limits to match a brief

Tools    

Hey guys,

I have never been on this site before so I don't know if this is the right place to ask a question like this or not but here goes.

So I have made a short film which was supposed to match a Brief. Everything did match it apart from how long the film was (it went over time).
So I'm just wondering does anyone have experience with this and if so do you know how strict people/companies/places are about handing in a film that it overtime?

Will they completely reject it? will they take it anyway? is there an amount of time that would be acceptable to go over?

The film can't really be cut down anymore because it would affect it too much.

I would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks

Not sure I entirely understand the question, but if I do, I'm not sure how anyone here would be able to answer this. If you have an agreement to produce something, and haven't met those requirements, then how strict the other side of the agreement is is going to be determined on a case-by-case basis. Maybe they care about the exact length, and maybe they don't.

Hey guys,

I have never been on this site before so I don't know if this is the right place to ask a question like this or not but here goes.

So I have made a short film which was supposed to match a Brief. Everything did match it apart from how long the film was (it went over time).
So I'm just wondering does anyone have experience with this and if so do you know how strict people/companies/places are about handing in a film that it overtime?

Will they completely reject it? will they take it anyway? is there an amount of time that would be acceptable to go over?

The film can't really be cut down anymore because it would affect it too much.

I would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks
I would think that the length of the film would be quite important depending on how it will be shown, i.e. if there are other films it's only fair that they should all be the same running time.

It's good that you've been able to match everything else in the brief. If you have to cut it down further I'm sure you'll come up with a creative way to do it – it's just a question of finding it.

If you're only slightly over time, you can always cut a few frames out of every scene. The human eye isn't going to be able to tell the difference when the film plays, and those fractions of a second do add up. Though the effect is greater over a longer runtime, so you might not see too big a difference in a short film.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Is this for a contest, a job or a festival? Can't you contact the company, tell them where you're at, and ask them?