The MoFo Desktop Thread

Tools    

This is what happens when I'm bored at 2am
Oh my word, Rodent! Those are great. OK, I have to think of something for you to make me. You know? When you're bored, in the middle of the night.

I use the rainmeter program to make a simulated JARVIS desktop across two monitors that uses the webcam to "Wake" when the motion detector registers me walking into the room and the microphone to respond to voice commands.

Also been writing conversation batches for a couple years so it can talk your ear off.

... webcam to "Wake" when the motion detector registers me walking into the room...

It's when you enter the room, and it's already on that it's time to check in the dark corners and behind the curtains...

It's when you enter the room, and it's already on that it's time to check in the dark corners and behind the curtains...

It's bad enough when I'm sound asleep and one of the big cats wanders into the room and I hear it saying "Good morning sir, it's 5am.. would you like weather and news now?" and I'm creeping downstairs with a bat...

I ended up sending a feed to my phone so I can see what JARVIS does...

Bump.

Decided to finally change my desktop after getting a new computer.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

New desktop! Switched over from Windows to Linux. Only just got it so I haven't had the opportunity to play around with it yet but am definitely looking forward to doing so. Also wondering if there are any other Linux users here?

@Yam12
I tried Linux Mint a couple years ago, I forget what build it was. I liked it, and I think if I would have stuck it out and learned it I would have really liked it. But of course there's a learning curve coming from Windows and some of my Windows programs wouldn't work with Linux, though I think there's a Linux program called WINE that adapts the Windows interface to Linux.

I ended up buying another used computer, but one of these days I might give Linux a go again.

You ready? You look ready.
This millennial ain't got no desktop!

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Inspired me @John McClane ^^

Some cool Blade Runner ones and a Jaws one if anyone wants them... basic desktop size of 1366x768

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I BETTER NOT POST IT HERE HEHE (it's not the wallpaper...)
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.