Mary Tyler Moore, R.I.P

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Mary Tyler Moore dies at 80

Mary Tyler Moore, who became a TV icon by playing the consummately cute wife (on The Dick Van Dyke Show) and the plucky single gal (on The Mary Tyler Moore Show), died Wednesday, January 25. She was 80 years old.

-Entertainment Weekly.

Suspect's Reviews

Mary Tyler Moore dies at 80

Mary Tyler Moore, who became a TV icon by playing the consummately cute wife (on The Dick Van Dyke Show) and the plucky single gal (on The Mary Tyler Moore Show), died Wednesday, January 25. She was 80 years old.

-Entertainment Weekly.
It's weird because Valerie Harper, who has terminal brain cancer, outlived her.

Know of her her more by reputation than by her output.
R.I.P.

It's not surprising news as she hasn't been well.

I'm a huge Mary Tyler Moore Fan. I recently watched all 7 seasons of the Mary Tyler Moore show and thoroughly enjoyed it. I plan on watching it again some time.

No one else like her!

I thought this was a hoax and was not amused...I am devastated and did not see this one coming at all...I'm speechless...a richly underrated actress who has entertained me since I was a child. I can't believe this...2017 is off to a horrible start. OK, I'm watching Ted and Georgette's wedding again, I'm going to find "Chuckles Bites the Dust" and watch that again, and, of course, a re-watch of Ordinary People is definitely in order. Seriously fighting tears right now...RIP.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is such sad news. I was devastated when I heard it earlier today. "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" are two of my favorite shows. I have the complete series of both shows on DVD, and I've been watching some of my favorite episodes since I heard the news.

Here are some highlights of her talent:

From "The Dick Van Dyke Show"
"You Wonderful You""

"Mountain Greenery":

Mary Tyler Moore has said that this was her favorite episode from "The Dick Van Dyke Show"
S01E02 "My Blonde Haired Brunette"

The best episode from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show":
S06E07 "Chuckles Bites the Dust"

One of my favorite lesser known movies starring Mary Tyler Moore and Robert Preston:
"Finnegan Begin Again" (1985)

We used to have the Dick Van Dyke Show and the Mary Tyler Moore show on tv when I was a kid. They were iconic sitcoms. MTM played a lovely, really likeable woman so much so that I bet she was like that in real life. From this side of the ocean in the MTM show she seemed like something to aspire to, a breezy woman living a great life. RIP

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This is such sad news. I was devastated when I heard it earlier today. "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" are two of my favorite shows. I have the complete series of both shows on DVD, and I've been watching some of my favorite episodes since I heard the news.

One of my favorite lesser known movies starring Mary Tyler Moore and Robert Preston:
"Finnegan Begin Again" (1985)

LOVED Finnegan Begin Again...I was sure for years that I was the only person on the planet who had seen it.

We used to have the Dick Van Dyke Show and the Mary Tyler Moore show on tv when I was a kid. They were iconic sitcoms. MTM played a lovely, really likeable woman so much so that I bet she was like that in real life. From this side of the ocean in the MTM show she seemed like something to aspire to, a breezy woman living a great life. RIP
Christine, I watched Mary Tyler Moore as a guest on Late Night with David Letterman quite abit back in the 1980s and 1990s, and she seemed just like her character from the MTM show, very warm, giving, wholesome and nice! If the world was full of Marys, it would be a better place

David Letterman really admired and cared for her, that was easy to see. She had given him his first big break when he was a cast member on her ill fated TV variety show that came after MTM...it was called Mary and had only 3 episodes, which I watched recently, I believe it was on youtube.

From Wiki: 'An older woman can be seen in the background, obviously puzzled by the sight of a young woman tossing her hat in the air. This unwitting "extra" was Hazel Frederick, a lifelong Minnesota resident who happened to be out shopping the day the sequence was shot. Mrs. Frederick finally met Moore in 1994 when she was on a book tour for her autobiography, After All. Moore introduced Frederick as "my co-star".'

I remember having a crush on her when she was on the Dick Van Dyke show. She was so cute in those slacks.

She was a good caring person in addition to her acting skills. She will be missed.