Keanu Reeves

Tools    

Do you like Keanu?!
12.77%
6 votes
He needs to be fired and never heard from again. In the name of all that does not suck please stop!
78.72%
37 votes
He gets a bad rap. He isnt as bad as they say. Why does everyone hate him?
8.51%
4 votes
Meh. Well at least Ashton Kutcher will get his turned down roles. Punk'd rocks man!
47 votes. You may not vote on this poll

To be fair I've never been a huge film of the Bourne movies, watched the first couple, wasn't blown away and lost interest... not even sure what they're up to now in that franchise.
Trust me, you're not missing anything.

Well damn, if you're going to talk them up like all that, now I HAVE to see them...
They tried that "let's pull another actor into the main role" crap with the fourth one with Jeremy Renner--no dice. So, they pulled the "let's pull Damon back to the main role" card with the fifth and it was good but not great. It just felt like more of the same.
You'll feel the same way about the sequels as you felt for the first two if you should ever watch them.

They tried that "let's pull another actor into the main role" crap with the fourth one with Jeremy Renner--no dice. So, they pulled the "let's pull Damon back to the main role" card with the fifth and it was good but not great. It just felt like more of the same.
You'll feel the same way about the sequels as you felt for the first two if you should ever watch them.
I actually didn't know they put Renner in them, that one might be worth a watch.. He doesn't do much in the Marvel movies but what he does is good.. (I still laugh hearing his comment to quicksilver after running off, drawing an arrow and pointing it in the direction he went muttering "No one would ever know..." was ad libbed and left in...)

But ironically when everyone was trying to promote Batfleck, they kept saying "Watch The Town, he's amazing" and watching that was blown away by Renner... he easily stole the show. (Which didn't help the Batfleck argument that Hawkeye is acting circles around Batman...)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I have never understood all the hate for the guy, yeah he made some crap during the beginning of his career and he's no Olivier, but he proved with Speed that in the right role and with the right director, he can command a movie screen. Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of his more recent work...there seems to be a lot of love on this site for John Wick and I have added it to my watchlist. But yeah, I think he does get a bad rep and there are dozens of actors out there who are a LOT worse.
After seeing him your your sexiest men thread I tried to find out when his moto accident was. Havent found yet but thought you would be interested in this, Gid. I dont know why he gets a bad rep either. I was told by someone who worked with him not long ago he;s a super guy.

http://awakeningtimes.com/keanu-reev...-tragic-story/

Make a better place
in my opinion he was a bad actor especially in the matrix days, I noticed a shift in his performance in Street Kings where he started to get better and better, so to me is 0 is the worst actor, 5 is alright, 10 is a ****ing great actor, I'd say he's 6 overall.

But he's one of the actors that I really like regardless of his acting abilities

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I voted for "bad rep" because not only for John Wick and the first Matrix, I got to see 47 Ronin and he was actually good in that IMO. And I also found him to be a talented first-time director when he did Man of Tai Chi. He actually made star Tiger Chen look good, and while he played the villain quite well at first, his over the top "You owe me a life" line was a little too much. But that doesn't take away his ability to be able to direct an action film well. I personally would like to see him up the ante and direct another action film in the future.

I don't thinks he's to god awful honestly. I really enjoyed "Knock Knock".

Terrible Actor; Dracula, Knock Knock, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Feeling Minnesota, The Lake House, Constantine, Little Buddha, The Devil's Advocate, etc etc etc.

Good at doing action, that's about it.

I'm over all the Keanu bashing...in the right role, this guy can completely command the screen. His performance was the best thing about My Own Private Idaho and he was absolutely superb in Speed and John Wick.

I'm over all the Keanu bashing...in the right role, this guy can completely command the screen. His performance was the best thing about My Own Private Idaho and he was absolutely superb in Speed and John Wick.
Okay on second thought he wasn't that bad in Private Idaho.

But he still seems like one of those actors that are treated like the directors b*tch. Even when he stands on his own and isn't commanded to give a certain performance, he's still kind of meh, or just plain awful.

Keanu Reeves is a fantastic actor after Matrix reloaded. But in later years, he's been little less in the front face. May be he's not able to cope up with new dynamic media or due to personal reasons.

I like him. His accent in Bram Stocker's Dracula is terrible, and I think Knock Knock is quite possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but he absolutely kicks ass in John Wick and The Matrix is just awesome.

He may not be winning an Oscar any time soon but there's a definite likeable quality about him.

I like him. His accent in Bram Stocker's Dracula is terrible, and I think Knock Knock is quite possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but he absolutely kicks ass in John Wick and The Matrix is just awesome.

He may not be winning an Oscar any time soon but there's a definite likeable quality about him.

I agree that accent was dreadful but I dont recall anything too bad about Knock Knock that was a stand out. The last I saw him in was The Whole Truth and a rewatch of John Wick 1 where I think he;s just excellent. He can still bust a move.

I agree that accent was dreadful but I dont recall anything too bad about Knock Knock that was a stand out. The last I saw him in was The Whole Truth and a rewatch of John Wick 1 where I think he;s just excellent. He can still bust a move.
I think the bowl cut scene in Knock Knock sums up why the movie was, for me, a joke. I'm surprised so many people like it but I'm glad others got some enjoyment out of it. And, yes, John Wick is 100% awesome, I completely agree.

I think the bowl cut scene in Knock Knock sums up why the movie was, for me, a joke. I'm surprised so many people like it but I'm glad others got some enjoyment out of it. And, yes, John Wick is 100% awesome, I completely agree.
What was the bowl cut scene? I dont really remember much about it except the girls were horrible people, but I didnt dislike the movie.

What was the bowl cut scene? I dont really remember much about it except the girls were horrible people, but I didnt dislike the movie.
I can't seem to find a pic but they gave him a literal bowl (hair) cut, using a bowl - he looked like a right pillock. It was pretty funny, just maybe not in the way that they intended.