What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
You mean apart from the fact you end up with a copy of Blade Runner?
Pft, I ended up with FOUR copies of Blade Runner plus a disc full of documentary loveliness. Sucks to be me, I guess.

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
Remember my father taking me to see this one when it was released (1977 ??):

Picked up the BR cheap & was highly impressed - still stands up all these years later (good t/f to BR, too)

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I didn't buy it, but I received The Dark Knight Trilogy for Christmas.

^ With a little explanation.

I've always loved Pierrot Lunaire, with a higher registered lighter singer, this is how I'd first heard the work; all that throaty deep german just doesn't work for me, so Schaefer is my fit. I know I've read the English translation of the pantomimed words several times, but it's the brief pieces musically and not lyrically that hit my g-spot, sorry for being crude.

As far as Rosemary's Baby, it's a classic.

Didn't mean to be so curt with my other post.

Archer Season 3

I got the first two seasons as a belated Christmas gift and loved them, so of course I had to get season 3.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Gone Baby Gone

Both Hedwig and GBG were movies that I watched because they had made the MoFo Millennium List and I was pretty impressed with both so I bought them.

^ A couple things about the film Gone Baby Gone I preferred to the book, though I'd read the book after.

I wished I'd seen more Archer, need to catch up.

^ With a little explanation.
I can't take Batman seriously. The new films are very well made, but the serious tone and Bale? Jesus.

Or, to put it another way.

Batman Returns is, obviously, darker and more serious than that, but it stays fun and it looks good.

Pre-ordered a blu-ray steelbook of Seven Psychopaths, it's an exclusive steelbook to Britain, yet to see the film but loved the director's previous film In Bruges.