RIP Christopher Plummer

Tools    

Gee, a lot of older people are dying. Terrific actor & so is his daughter Amanda.

R.I.P. ✝️

He holds the record for the oldest actor to win a competitive Oscar. He was eighty-two when he won for Beginners.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Can't even see where the knob is
Terrific actor. He knew how to play intellectual sleazeballs like no other actor did. He was great in Dolores Claiborne and Beginners.

Another legend departs. Brought to life some truly memorable characters, for better or worse.

Completely co-incidently, had Dregnet on just yesterday.

Rest in Peace.

OMG, I don't believe this...I had a major crush on him after the first time I saw Then Sound of Music, probably the role he always be remembered for, though I did think he made a great Mike Wallace in The Insiders and a great J Paul Getty in All the Money in the World. Loved him in Beginners too...what a talented actor.

My gosh! Another great actor gone. It's not until I look at their obits that I remember that both he and Hal Holbrook were in their 90s. But the fact that they were still acting just fools me into believing they'll go on and on. And with all the pictures @mark f posted, I realize how many films of Mr. Plummer I've been meaning to see. The last one of his I saw at the cinema was probably The Insider and while he didn't (at least to me) really look like Mike Wallace, I had no trouble quickly believing he was Mike Wallace for the duration of the movie, so good was he.

I could go through a whole list of movies I've loved him in, but what's the use. He was awesome in everything he was. I can remember seeing him in Starcrash in '79, back when I'd see anything to do with outer space (after the rush of the first Star Wars film) and wondering what in the world Christopher Plummer was doing in the trashy (but fun) movie, with "stars" like Marjoe Gortner and David Hasselhoff? But even in that movie, he still exuded class. Loved him. Two class acts gone in less than a month.

Godspeed, Christopher!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
@mark f your one picture is of Susan Sarandon and Von Sydow.

We are losing too many Canadian icons this year.

I actually got to meet Plummer when he was shooting Remember here in Canada. Truly a gentleman.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
He was great in everything he did, but he'll always be Captain von Trapp to me.

R.I.P.

Great man. Great loss.
Requiescat in pace Christopher!