The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Idk if this is off topic but I’ll drop my thoughts here: it seems like for general audience, TDK and Nolan seem to be still very liked but I feel that (as a fan myself) he had too much hype after Inception, where people expected him to match these two films again and that’s when he was doing spectacle films or even tight films like Memento, Insomnia and Prestige that moviegoers liked. His 2000-2010 movie streak is pretty impressive, and I would rate all those 5 films above Interstellar, Tenet and Dunkirk.

I think that TDKR and Interstellar being worse than Inception and TDK and having issues such as exposition, worse writing etc did hurt his filmography and rep.

I think he's mostly seen as a 7-8/10 director rather than 8-9/10 like in the past. I guess he got a bit worse.

Thought his best film would be here atleast XD

That being said, I think The Godfather is worth the #1 spot. Even though I have Departed as 3rd favorite film and Godfather as 6th.

TDK or Departed should take the number 2 spot not some space movie from the 60s boo!

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Here's my crack at predicting 102-110 (not going to predict order, just the nine that show):

Avengers Infinity War
Breakfast Club
Double Indemnity
The Dark Knight
Up
Inglorious Basterds
The Master
Dial M for Murder
Memento

Wow! Just curious, did she see Paul Reubens as well? I know they were an item for a while.
Ha! No, although that would have been amazing. No this was I want to say 5 or 6 years ago, when she was doing a cooking show with her husband. The thing about living in NYC is if you're around long enough, you'll eventually run into a celebrity somewhere (like the time I sat directly in front of Dustin Hoffman at a Jackie Mason show, or the time I was at a karaoke bar and Toni Collete came in and sang "Killing Me Softly").

Edit: Sorry, I know this is all off-topic, feel free to delete or move!

I could see that All About Eve might not be that well watched, but hasn't everybody seen Double Indemnity and loved it?
If it's any consolation, I had Double Indemnity at #8...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Here's my crack at predicting 102-110 (not going to predict order, just the nine that show):

Avengers Endgame
Breakfast Club
Double Indemnity
The Dark Knight
Up
Inglorious Basterds
The Master
Dial M for Murder
Memento
Endgame above Infinity War?

I personally don’t think IW is safe in being a top 100 film of the decade, let alone of all time.

A great and entertaining superhero flick but not even MCU's best IMO.

I'd give it an 8.5/10 (using numbers).

I could see that All About Eve might not be that well watched, but hasn't everybody seen Double Indemnity and loved it?
All About Eve made my list. Double Indemnity was a tough omission.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I personally don’t think IW is safe in being a top 100 film of the decade, let alone of all time.

A great and entertaining superhero flick but not even MCU's best IMO.

I'd give it an 8.5/10 (using numbers).
It didn't make it. Predicting the first 9 to appear after 101.

Once #1 and #2 have officially been revealed tomorrow.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
No no no... We all know what the real dark horse candidate is, right?

What movie is this? Sorry, don't recognize it all.
And what's up with his fascination with Tiddley Winks?

What movie is this? Sorry, don't recognize it all.
And what's up with his fascination with Tiddley Winks?

Clearly Sir, you have never tiddled a wink in your life

I know everyone's really curious and tense about the reveal tomorrow, which I'm preposting and formatting in a private forum so we're ready to go live right on the dot tomorrow. Figured I'd snap a quick picture of my cat, Fezzik, to distract you guys for a bit: