Ghost Stories – Your Favourite?

Tools    

Over the last few years I've become more and more interested in ghost stories and have been reading and watching them regularly.

Which is your favourite? It doesn't have to have been filmed.

Mine is The Captain of the "Pole-Star" by Arthur Conan Doyle.

bhangarh fort is a famously haunted fort in india that has become a tourist destination due to it's haunted reputation .

https://www.tripoto.com/trip/Bhangarh-Fort-Story

while going from mumbai to goa people are cautioned not to go on a particular stretch of road at night on motorbike . in the dead of night while on that stretch on bike one is liable to suddenly feel a weight on a second person on the bike . if one does feel weight of second person on bike while on that stretch , one is advised not to look behind to see who it is . people who did look behind have testified to having seen a horrific apparition and their bike losing balance in that situation and an accident happening .

while going from mumbai to goa people are cautioned not to go on a particular stretch of road at night on motorbike . in the dead of night while on that stretch on bike one is liable to suddenly feel a weight on a second person on the bike . if one does feel weight of second person on bike while on that stretch , one is advised not to look behind to see who it is . people who did look behind have testified to having seen a horrific apparition and their bike losing balance in that situation and an accident happening .
You just ruined by quarterly trips to my village, Vengurla (which falls on that road). I use my car. Those long, dimly lit, curvy roads that are sandwiched between coconut trees are creepy anyways. I am going to take the train now.

bhangarh fort is a famously haunted fort in india that has become a tourist destination due to it's haunted reputation .

https://www.tripoto.com/trip/Bhangarh-Fort-Story
I liked reading that ashdoc, thank you . It's certainly eerie that the reason given for prohibiting night-time visits is paranormal activity.

One thing that amused me was the advice to visit in winter – in other words if the ghosts don't get you the heat will .

You just ruined by quarterly trips to my village, Vengurla (which falls on that road). I use my car. Those long, dimly lit, curvy roads that are sandwiched between coconut trees are creepy anyways. I am going to take the train now.
I was talking about the road from Mumbai to Goa via Kolhapur . Not the Mumbai Goa highway . The Mumbai Goa highway is not in good condition . So many people prefer to take the expressway to Pune and then via Kolhapur to Goa . The place I am talking about is the the ghat that comes while going to Goa from Kolhapur . If you have started from Mumbai in morning the ghat comes when it is dark .

Is your mother tongue Konkani ? Mine is Marathi .

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
...I'm afraid my favorite movies list already gives that one away.

I was talking about the road from Mumbai to Goa via Kolhapur . Not the Mumbai Goa highway . The Mumbai Goa highway is not in good condition . So many people prefer to take the expressway to Pune and then via Kolhapur to Goa . The place I am talking about is the the ghat that comes while going to Goa from Kolhapur . If you have started from Mumbai in morning the ghat comes when it is dark .

Is your mother tongue Konkani ? Mine is Marathi .

We use the NH66, so we can turn at Kudal towards Vengurla. Take off at 5 in the morning from the house to avoid the jam at Panvel. So I guess I am safe.

I am Maharashtrian too. Can also understand Malvani, which is the dialect spoken there in the village.

About the topic

The Grand Paradi Towers mystery always seems interesting to me. There have been more than two and a half dozen suicide/mysterious deaths in that complex, which is situated in the posh part of Mumbai.
People have also admitted to hearing voices urging them to kill themselves.

The Grand Paradi Towers mystery always seems interesting to me. There have been more than two and a half dozen suicide/mysterious deaths in that complex, which is situated in the posh part of Mumbai.
That's horrible isn't it . I wonder what dialect those voices use?

"The Others" with Nicole Kidmam.
I liked The Others a lot. I tend to forget that Elaine Cassidy was in that.

If you're talking about traditional campfire stories then:

There was a hunter in the woods, who, after a long day hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After a what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was surprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

Face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
When they unleashed him at the battle of Castle Black.

I liked reading that ashdoc, thank you . It's certainly eerie that the reason given for prohibiting night-time visits is paranormal activity.

One thing that amused me was the advice to visit in winter – in other words if the ghosts don't get you the heat will .
here's a full bollywood horror movie on bhangarh on youtube ---

We use the NH66, so we can turn at Kudal towards Vengurla. Take off at 5 in the morning from the house to avoid the jam at Panvel. So I guess I am safe.

I am Maharashtrian too. Can also understand Malvani, which is the dialect spoken there in the village.

About the topic

here's more info about the grand paradi towers---

http://hauntedindia.blogspot.com/201...ll-mumbai.html