Films that made you feel you'd gone back in time?

Tools    

Werner Herzog's very good at this. I like Nosferatu the Vampyre, especially the scene of Harker walking along in the street early on.

Legend in my own mind
Back to the future

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I walked out of the cinema and was shocked I wasnt in China. I totally lost myself and environment in that movie.

That's great – that's exactly the feeling I would hope to have too. I haven't been "to the pictures" for over twenty years but I can just about recall the disorientation of leaving the cinema after being thoroughly absorbed in a film.

That's great – that's exactly the feeling I would hope to have too. I haven't been "to the pictures" for over twenty years but I can just about recall the disorientation of leaving the cinema after being thoroughly absorbed in a film.
Isnt it fantastic. Such a great experience but gave me a real jolt. I think I got the same from Gandhi. I remember getting to my car and not remembering how I got there - just in a daze.

Isnt it fantastic. Such a great experience but gave me a real jolt. I think I got the same from Gandhi. I remember getting to my car and not remembering how I got there - just in a daze.
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen must have been the most profound cinematic experience I had. I think it just felt like familiar territory. And with the battles it had that huge scope like a much older film such as Gandhi or Lawrence of Arabia.

This might just do nobody any good.
Boyhood.

That movie triggered back a lot of memories. A lot of which were sort of buried down.

Not by anything bad, mind you, just that they were sort of forgotten.

Baz Luhrman's take on The Great Gatsby really made me feel like I was in the middle of the Roaring 20's.
Those Jay-Z covers were strangely apt.

Boyhood.

That movie triggered back a lot of memories. A lot of which were sort of buried down.

Not by anything bad, mind you, just that they were sort of forgotten..
A guy friend who recommended that to me said exactly the same thing, Saunchy. I've yet to see it.

Boyhood.

Not by anything bad, mind you, just that they were sort of forgotten.

Those Jay-Z covers were strangely apt.
It wasn't so much the music as it was the settings and costumes and the staging of the parties in Gatsby's mansion.

The House of the Devil 2009