What is your favourite British TV Show?

Tools    

I think I Claudius is the only British TV show that I watched from beginning to the end. But it's a masterful one, better than possibly any American TV I ever watched and would make into my top 3 live action TV shows of all time.

I think I Claudius is the only British TV show that I watched from beginning to the end. But it's a masterful one, better than possibly any American TV I ever watched and would make into my top 3 live action TV shows of all time.
Secret Army is one of my favourites as well – what a fantastic series.

Oh, I guess a five-way tie between the comedies "Monty Python's Flying Circus", "Fawlty Towers", "The Office", "Spaced", and "Peep Show"?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Detectorists was great.

I can't be 100% sure, but I think it's this.

I bloody love The Good Life and the Christmas episode is a must every Christmas.

A few recommendations which might not get mentioned.

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

(Who'd have thought these two would be the most famous cast members some years later?)

Suburban Shootout

Cracker

Gavin & Stacey

The Trip

The Detectorists was great.

I can't be 100% sure, but I think it's this.

I bloody love The Good Life and the Christmas episode is a must every Christmas.

A few recommendations which might not get mentioned.

(Who'd have thought these two would be the most famous cast members some years later?)

Suburban Shootout

Cracker

Gavin & Stacey

The Trip
I keep reading good things about Detectorists, I just might have to give this one a go. Kudos on the Darkplace and Gavin & Stacey mentions.

Cracker
Fantastic – I never saw the Cracker specials, though. I believe there were two, spaced out over a number of years. To Be a Somebody was probably the best storyline but there were so many brilliant ones.

Monty Python was a bit over the top..all rather silly..not clever in my view.

Agatha Christie: Miss Marple/ Poirot
Fawlty Towers
Benny Hill
Ripping Yarns
Midsomer Murders
Doctor in the House/at Large./in Charge,
The Agatha Christie Hour.
The Sketch Show.
Inspector Wexford.
Wire in the Blood

The People's Republic of Clogher
Porridge
Lovejoy
Partridge
Morse
QI
Tales of the Unexpected

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The Crown ws the last I saw. Stunning.

Legend in my own mind
All time - Only fools and horses

Current

Broadchurch
Happy Valley
Line of Duty

Sherlock was good in the beginning too.

The Crown ws the last I saw. Stunning.
Haven't seen The Crown but I thought it was ludicrous to cast Matt Smith as Philip – he's good but he can't change his appearance that much (there's something wrong with that sentence ). And although I haven't seen Claire Foy in any full production I can see how good she is, and very good casting by contrast.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Haven't seen The Crown but I thought it was ludicrous to cast Matt Smith as Philip – he's good but he can't change his appearance that much (there's something wrong with that sentence ). And although I haven't seen Claire Foy in any full production I can see how good she is, and very good casting by contrast.
I dont think I've seen Matt in anything else but I thought he was great in this. And Claire was just amazing. For me it really changed my opinion of the Royals. I didnt even want to see this but 2 of my brothers raved about it so thought I'd check out the pilot to see why it cost so much. Totally hooked. It's not often I binge a tv show but this dragged me right in. I recommend it, See.

I dont think I've seen Matt in anything else but I thought he was great in this. And Claire was just amazing. For me it really changed my opinion of the Royals. I didnt even want to see this but 2 of my brothers raved about it so thought I'd check out the pilot to see why it cost so much. Totally hooked. It's not often I binge a tv show but this dragged me right in. I recommend it, See.
I remember seeing Claire Foy in a bit of Wolf Hall and noticing how talented she was.

If you get a chance you should have a look at Matt Smith in Doctor Who. I loved watching his acting, especially early on. I think he's the best of the new series Doctors.