What is your favourite British TV Show?

Tools    

I know right,and Graham is great because he doesnt really butt in,he lets the guests talk without interrupting and doesnt mind letting the stars be stars.I see James Cordon is trying it and he does not pull it off at all.
Yeah, I mean that's why Michael Parkinson was so good in years gone by. And Terry Wogan was great as well – Graham Norton's basically replaced him in every area since Eurovision. I think he's doing Children in Need tonight .

Of course – sorry I forgot .

It's quite difficult to decide whether I like The Black Adder or Blackadder Goes Forth best
Seriously? I think The Black Adder is really, really, terrible. It drags the whole show down IMO. If my dad wasn't a big fan who made me keep watching after that crap i doubt i would've ever seen 2-4 which is great. I honestly thought everyone hated The Black Adder, oh well fair enough.

01.Goes Fourth
02.Blackadder II
03.Blackadder The Third

Don't even count The Black Adder because i don't think of it as the same show.

Ive only seen a few Parkinson interviews,but you`re right. Hes a bit more serious though which is interesting-ive seen a few from Piers Morgan and mygawd that man is awful.
I didnt know Terry Wogan had a show though,i knew he had eurovision. I remember when Graham took over that 1st year it got in the papers over here..they dont exactly have the same style do they?
Mind you,i have no idea why it got in the papers cos nobody here listened to either since we have our own narrator but anyways

Grahams sorta ruined all other chatshows for me though,lol, cos the rest dont hold up. I think Jonathan Ross is okay depending on the guest (he needs an outgoing guest) dont like chattyman,fallon is too fake,kimmel is okay but very light and i think james cordons is pretty awful aswell.

I'm struggling between that and Mary Berry's perpetual love of gin and avoidance of soggy bottoms, though
and i even know what you`re talking about My mum watches her all the time

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Mr. Bean will always be tops (the movies suck in comparison).

In the past, I've enjoyed The Fall, various Dr.Who and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Currently, I look forward to seeing more episodes of Happy Valley and River.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Blasphemy! I really like Chattyman! But I do prefer Graham Norton, and he's the only reason I watch Eurovision to be honest
I agree about Jonathan Ross, if he isn't interviewing someone incredibly outgoing, then it gets boring fast.

Blasphemy! I really like Chattyman! But I do prefer Graham Norton, and he's the only reason I watch Eurovision to be honest
I agree about Jonathan Ross, if he isn't interviewing someone incredibly outgoing, then it gets boring fast.
lol,i like alan too though,just not in this show.i prefer him with Justin in that previous show!

Seriously? I think The Black Adder is really, really, terrible. It drags the whole show down IMO. If my dad wasn't a big fan who made me keep watching after that crap i doubt i would've ever seen 2-4 which is great. I honestly thought everyone hated The Black Adder, oh well fair enough.
It was weird seeing clips of the Pilot actually, because Rowan Atkinson's outfit, voice and behaviour was a lot more like the second series. I think there's a lot in The Black Adder to like – the last episode is my favourite – although it's obviously not perfect. I think with Goes Forth it's more than just a comedy so in a way it's less of an escape than the others.

Mr. Bean will always be tops (the movies suck in comparison).
Mr. Bean was great when it started.

Ive only seen a few Parkinson interviews,but you`re right. Hes a bit more serious though which is interesting-ive seen a few from Piers Morgan and mygawd that man is awful.
He is that. We have to suffer him on Good Morning Britain as well.

I didnt know Terry Wogan had a show though,i knew he had eurovision.
Yeah, he did: Wogan, which ran from 1982–92. There were some amazing interviews on that, including a great one with Bette Davis towards the end of her career.

I remember when Graham took over that 1st year it got in the papers over here..they dont exactly have the same style do they?
Well, I think it's just the acerbic, cutting wit that they have in common . Norton just communicates it in a different way but he was the perfect person to continue that role.

Ugh,i dont know how he keeps getting jobs tbh hes so obnoxious and pompous- i really cant stand to listen to him.
Ive watched a few of his interviews..i remember he interview cheryl cole after she left Ashley,and also Geri one time-both who are really outgoing people-but it was still just really awkward and uncomfortable. I see he writes coloums for the dailymail now,and does the same gross trolling as Katie whats-her-name for click bait.

Ah,I`ll have to youtube that then,esp Bette Davis!! I love a good interview, i never grew out of that teen phase obsessing over celebs

Ah,I`ll have to youtube that then,esp Bette Davis!! I love a good interview, i never grew out of that teen phase obsessing over celebs
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be there. Gregory Peck was good as well.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Spaced
Detectorists
Shameless (First two series)
People Just Do Nothing

Honorable mentions to Vexed, Luther and Top Boy.

Ever since I randomly discovered it on TV in the late 1990's.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	KeepingUp.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	27849  

These are my mom's:

Keeping Up Appearances (Heh! I didn't realize it was them at first in Sexy's last post!)
Doc Martin
All Creatures Great and Small
Call the Mid-wife
Downton Abbey

I used to like Doc Martin but I packed in around the time Eileen Atkins joined.

Most of my favorite British shows are of course Crime Dramas and most of them are on Netflix, because I don't live in the UK and I don't get any British networks where I live.

1. Sherlock
2. Luther
3. Peaky Blinders
4. The Fall
5. Doctor Who
6. Being Human (though Seasons 4 & 5 are horrible)
7. Ripper Street
8. River

also honorable mention is this new show called Wasted, its very influenced by Edgar Wright, the main character in it's spirit guide is Sean Bean dressed as Ned Stark, and it's hilarious. This one isn't on Netflix I'm just a big LOTR/GoT fan and I heard about this one from friends of mine.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't watched many British TV shows, but two of my favorites are "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" with Michael Crawford as Frank Spencer, and "Torchwood" with John Barrowman as Capt. Jack Harkness.