Captain America: Civil War is the greatest movies marvel ever did.

Tools    

I won't argue too much if you think Civil War is the best of the bunch because it is good enough to considered at that level. For me personally, it goes like this:

1. Cap 2: Winter Soldier
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron (I'm probably in a minority)
4. Cap 3: Civil War
I think it's the true order except Age of Ultron. But for me Avengers (the first movie) deserves a place in first 5. And also i liked age of ultron but it has a lot of flaws like bvs

I think my problem with Civil War is the pace and they put so much more emphasis on the action that when your watching the characters make their way through this terribly put together plot it's so uninteresting. It's also ridiculous that a team of people who have fought together for years has nobody who can stop and just be rational for a second. The dialogue isn't bad, the overarching plot is.
The dialog isn't bad but pretty bland...

And after all the dialog is essentially what helps drive the plot of the movie forward. But yes, the plot in itself was messy and overstretced.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
The dialog isn't bland but pretty bland...

And after all the dialog is essentially what helps drive the plot of the movie forward. But yes, the plot in itself was messy and overstretced.
What was messy, the need to decide wether to sign onto the law or not, and the different opinions build to a full out battle.

Civil War reminds me of some moment in the mythic Hollywood and TV past when audiences stopped liking westerns. They were overdone, overused and just didn't have anything new to say. All of a sudden, there were hardly any westerns.

It seems like that point must be near for superhero movies. Civil war seemed like 5 minutes of plot and 15 minutes of fighting, alternated. By now, the fights are completely predictable. I KNOW that you can't kill a superhero by dropping 20 tons of concrete on his head, that you can slam him into a wall, or run over him with a parade of bulldozers and he will just shake it off until the allotted film time is over. Then somebody will win. I don't even see the point of the fights except that the movie would be only 20 minutes long without them so they become a BFD...a "Civil War".

For something that was so loud and full of FX, I was just amazed at how much time I spent bored. I just could not see why I cared who won. Near as I can tell they are all narcissistic, impulsive and must have a human death toll on their hands that approaches the Black Death. We should just banish them to a far away planet and let them pound each other into eternity.

To all those hating on this movie, i bet you guys are those people who love movies like Godfather and scarface. THose boring all talking movies.

I honestly am interested. What did you like about that movie? Were all those fight scenes exciting? Were the characters interesting? Was there something going on in the plot? Maybe I missed something, but I just didn't see much there except a bunch of digital animation guys impressing each other with all the things the can make fly around the screen. I can see where someone would not find The Godfather to be exciting, but I also can't see what's exciting about all that FX based fighting and another movie where half of the script is snarky Catskill one-liners by Tony Stark. It is getting like the 25th season of Gunsmoke.

Oh, and, by the way, I didn't hate it, I was just bored. I don't go to action movies to be bored.

I have to return some videotapes...
Another thing that just killed me about this film is...

WARNING: "Major" spoilers below
They didn't have the balls to kill off Rhody, which is just ******** to me. Instead, he's crippled. Would have amplified the tension in the final fight and also added to Stark's impending rage.

To all those hating on this movie, i bet you guys are those people who love movies like Godfather and scarface. THose boring all talking movies.
I love your comment. I just enjoy stuff that makes me think, not mindless people getting thrown across the screen. Watching superhero films nowadays makes me feel like my brain is leaking out of my ear. I'm just kind of numb to the experience.

I love Civil War, it's easily my favorite Marvel movie, but, The Godfather and many other all talking movies are also some of my favorite movies of all time, funny how that works.

It really pisses me off when people think that if a movie is a different genre then it sucks.

I love Civil War, it's easily my favorite Marvel movie, but, The Godfather and many other all talking movies are also some of my favorite movies of all time, funny how that works.

It really pisses me off when people think that if a movie is a different genre then it sucks.
I think the problem is superhero movies, at least in my mind have become stale. It's part due to over-saturation and also because all these films are formulaic and don't take chances by killing off characters or making anything interesting.

I think the problem is superhero movies, at least in my mind have become stale. It's part due to over-saturation and also because all these films are formulaic and don't take chances by killing off characters or making anything interesting.
Now I can understand some people getting tired of them due to oversaturation, I just get pissed when people say a movie will suck without seeing it because it's a certain genre.

I won't argue too much if you think Civil War is the best of the bunch because it is good enough to considered at that level. For me personally, it goes like this:

1. Cap 2: Winter Soldier
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron (I'm probably in a minority)
4. Cap 3: Civil War
Good for you Dude! I liked it better than the first Avengers too.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I think it's the true order except Age of Ultron. But for me Avengers (the first movie) deserves a place in first 5. And also i liked age of ultron but it has a lot of flaws like bvs
I never liked the original Avengers THAT much. I felt it was too simple and small in scale for what it could have been.

In terms of flaws, all movies have them but you can possibly put Civil War in the same boat as BvS, which was just a series of disjointed scenes, put together for the purpose of boring an audience to sleep.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I am the Watcher in the Night
Civil War reminds me of some moment in the mythic Hollywood and TV past when audiences stopped liking westerns. They were overdone, overused and just didn't have anything new to say. All of a sudden, there were hardly any westerns.

It seems like that point must be near for superhero movies. Civil war seemed like 5 minutes of plot and 15 minutes of fighting, alternated. By now, the fights are completely predictable. I KNOW that you can't kill a superhero by dropping 20 tons of concrete on his head, that you can slam him into a wall, or run over him with a parade of bulldozers and he will just shake it off until the allotted film time is over. Then somebody will win. I don't even see the point of the fights except that the movie would be only 20 minutes long without them so they become a BFD...a "Civil War".

For something that was so loud and full of FX, I was just amazed at how much time I spent bored. I just could not see why I cared who won. Near as I can tell they are all narcissistic, impulsive and must have a human death toll on their hands that approaches the Black Death. We should just banish them to a far away planet and let them pound each other into eternity.
You can argue there was too much action but to state it was not imaginative is bollocks. The final fight scene between the two teams in particular, especially any time Antman or Spidey showed up. It was violent and funny, inventive and beautiful and ultimately satisfying.

I never liked the original Avengers THAT much. I felt it was too simple and small in scale for what it could have been.

In terms of flaws, all movies have them but you can possibly put Civil War in the same boat as BvS, which was just a series of disjointed scenes, put together for the purpose of boring an audience to sleep.
Actually i like Avengers because of that reason. It was too simple and simplicity is the true way to do first Avengers. Thanks to this way they have no fault.

I regret saying what i said everyone has different tastes in movies. One thing that puzzled me about civil war was why Iron man was on the gov's side when he almost died trying to save millions of people from a nuke the government sent.

You can argue there was too much action but to state it was not imaginative is bollocks. The final fight scene between the two teams in particular, especially any time Antman or Spidey showed up. It was violent and funny, inventive and beautiful and ultimately satisfying.
Everyones talking about the airport fight but i personally liked the last fight between iron man and cap. It was really intense and serious and had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire time.

I love Civil War but still place Avengers and Winter Soldier slightly ahead.

All three rank a 10/10 in my book so it's splitting hairs.

I love Civil War but still place Avengers and Winter Soldier slightly ahead.

All three rank a 10/10 in my book so it's splitting hairs.
Agreed. Right now I like Civil War better but that might be because I only saw it once and saw TWS and TA like 60 times each.

I think that the Civil War is the best movie from Marvel.

Agree or not?
I agree wholeheartedly.
Marvel is a real boss when it comes to fan service and spectacle.