Freedonia's Going to War

Tools    

And here I thought there was a Duck Soup thread stuck down here.

Hooray for war indeed.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Saw that just after the 9/11 attack last year...still holds a lot of meaning.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Holden Pike
And here I thought there was a Duck Soup thread stuck down here.
No, sorry; just boring old major world events. Nothing as important as Duck Soup. Back to the Movie Reviews forum with you.

Maybe I can spell it out: even the most graceful, beautiful things have to get down-and-dirty sometimes. That concept doesn't inspire ya', eh? But I'm sure Chinatown does. Whatever. This is not a thread about a cartoon; this is a thread about a major world event that happens to have a drawing in the first post.

Not that you'd have any more interest in the latter.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I wish I had a pic of a monkey sharpening his claws, because here I go....
GWB's war in Iraq is about the dumbest idea since GWB being the president of anything other than the hair club for men. It's bound to be a major disaster, turning the entire world against us (except that pansy England...No offense to any brits here, mind you, or any of the surviving Beatles...) and plunging us into a global nightmare. Since when does the U.S. strike first? Acts of unprovoked aggression are the tools of terrorism, and I want us to be better than that. America should be at a higher level than to go picking fights with two bit goons like Saddam Hussein. contrary to what we've been told, the man is no Hitler, and shouldn't be built up into one. War is ugly, bloody, and horrible, and should be a LAST resort, not the first option. Ask any veterans you come across how much they liked being in a war. Ask my buddy who was in Somalia how great that was getting shot three times in the back and set on fire. Ask anyone suffering from Gulf War Syndrome how much they love that....Old men start wars, and young men have to fight them. (if they re-institue the draft, then you could very well be out there dying for GWB and his dad.) I say NO MORE.

"Be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a box!" - Country Joe McDonald, "Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die Rag"

sigh...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

There were less than 100 Americans killed or wounded in Somalia. You're friend was one of 'em?