Colors

Tools    

Yet another of my inane questions... but you know you love them, you're not fooling me.

So, what's your favorite color? Beyond that I want to know why and I want a list of 5 things that color reminds you of.

My personal favorite color is orange. Orange can be dark and fearsome and it can be bright and shiny. Orange reminds me of:

1. Sunsets in my childhood. Geographically where I am now I rarely see orange in the sunsets... they tend to be more reddish and pink. I was never at home as a kid, I lived on a farm and I got up and spent the entire day away from home either in the woods or at the lake or in the creek. Sunset was time to go home, eat, then head back out for hide and seek in the dark.

2. Pumpkins and turning leaves. I love fall... my favorite time of year.

3. Fire. I love to watch dancing flames... I love their cleansing power and the warmth and safety of their heat.

4. My friend's 1967 Torino convertible. It was fire orange and it was the fastest car I've ever had the pleasure of cheating death in. It is a bittersweet memory though. My friend was not an attractive man and he never found love, though he needed it badly. One day many years ago he parked that orange car in his parents garage, closed the door with the engine running and went to sleep. I miss him, and the great times we had.

5. Turkey feathers. One of the last memories I have of my grandfather is climbing the hill behind his house and watching the wild turkeys take flight (if you can call it flying). Those turkeys have an amazing orange irridescence... check it out if you ever get a chance.

I am a very visual person and I tend to associate most experiences with color. I have a hundred more 'orange' examples... I chose some happy, some sad... but hey... your experiences are what mold you into what you are each and every day.

such a pleasure to see some fresh Toose threads.......and to read your words again.

orange as a favorite color says alot for you......it's a socially competent, motivated, stable color.....
i tend to like the burnt orange the best....but when it comes to oranges, earthy reds (never chrrry/candy red) and deep warm yellows, or pale barely there yellow...i like them in flowers and in nature but not to put on my person.
i didn't feel any affinity for them, or want to use them in my art until i was pregnant (in 1998)....then suddenly i could see and feel their energy, heat, liveliness.......

my favorite color is "prestorm blue".........that greyish blue just rocks my world.

it is the color of the sky before she throws a tizzy fit and reminds us of her power
it is the color of my soul as it swims through my being
it is the color that i am compelled to wear, to touch, to approach...and i feel my best wearing it....and love seeing it on other people.
.......and it's the color of my eyes.

Brown:

Because that's the color of my hair
Because that's the color of my eyes
Because that's the color of soda
Because that's the color of warm brownies
Becasue that's the color of a Hershey's choclate bar!

wow, brown ?....i don't think i had ever thought of brown as a potential favorite color.
(now i am thinking about warm brownies.)

...although my runner up to blue is grey. i love grey.

Black has been, and always be my favorite color.

1. I like the night better than the day.
2. My writings and fantasies(that eventually lead to writings)are often very dark in nature.
3. I am partial to dark haired women more than light haired women.
4. In fantasy and role playing games I played in the past, I was always the Dark Elves.
5. When I was a teen, I had hair down to my @ss, wore spikes and studs, wore a Slayer T-shirt, and always had my black leather jacket.

I guess old habits are hard to break.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Red because
1.it is the color that reminds me of pure happy love
2. Its the color that represents fire and warmth
3. Its the color that represents the heart and all its emotions and power
4. Its one of the many colors in the sunset where i first said "i love you" (to my evil ex)
5. because im a hopeless romantic and live on bonded friendships which also i feel the color red represents!

nah, no problem with brown, Gracie......it's interesting to hear of everyone's favorite color.....just commenting in that regard.
i think i am the opposite of one who would pick red....i know sades loves red.....it fits her energy and sassiness, and confidence. so i figure you are like her, Naisy. i can't even stand next to red....would never wear it......but i am usually impressed by the strength of people who love that color.

for me, personally, i see blues and purples and greens as passion and life......red, to me is anger and loudness. doens't mean it is for others.
our college football team (i live in a university town) , colors are red and white so i celebrate red for them.
......we have a game this weekend. go Badgers!

GREEN
  1. Trees. Forests. I feel so much healthier when I'm among plants.
  2. Money. Yes, that's right...I love the green stuff. But not in a bad way...I love what it symbolizes...freedom, choices, dilligence, and wise decisions.
  3. Green peppers. I don't eat 'em, but I love holding them up to my face to take in the smell.
  4. Links. The links here are green.
  5. Baseball fields. This kinda ties into the first one...but it's more specific. I love the atmosphere at a ballgame.
That's about it...It's not the things that are green, though, so much as the color. Right now I'm wearing olive green shorts and a green t-shirt. I love green clothing, and I love the different shades of it. It's soothing without being depressing, like blue.