MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2012 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
So Mariano Rivera is out shagging a few fly balls yesterday and blows out his knee? Done for the year? Are you f#!&ing kidding me?
I know. I read that and had to facepalm it...
David Robertson has paid his dues, and i'd say that even if he wasnt on my team.

Mind you, i might not be grinnen ear to ear whilst i say so.

Leave it to Weaver.

Yanno i just might have to get me a non-jays jersey.
beauty back to back starts with DreamWeaver pitching the no no and Brandon Morrow follows up with an absolute gem complete game shutout. He faced 28 batters total, twas pretty cool i gotta say.

CC was clearly a lil nervous, he being the new guy and all. but i had a conference on the mound and he looks like he settled down.

bastid gave up 2 runs, but again ima chalken that up to butterflies.

The pitcher Im impressed with is whoevers throwing for the Nationals. Whoa! That ballclubs pitching is putting all others on their ears.

David Price put on a dominant performance. 3 hits, 1 run, 12 strikeouts, and the win. Joy.

Kyle Lohse on the other hand took a lil of a spanking. Games not over yet but Cards are losing 4-5 in Houston and Lohse gave up all 5 runs. Not joy.

David Robertson relieved CC in a non-save situation, 15 pitches later, struck out the side to seal the deal.

oh and Bautista just launched one into the seats.

You mean you're not so bored with the new format now? It's still a helluva long season.
its boring compared to h2h, i dont think thats really up for debate.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Ian Desmond you are ridiculous. Every fricken time he's on my bench he has a good game. In fact, I'm not sure he has 1 HR or RBI when I've started him.

its boring compared to h2h, i dont think thats really up for debate.

Its different. I love the fact you can make any amount of moves you want, and it is cool to compete against everyone everyday. The whole aspect of a season-roto is to keep your team strong for as long a time as possible. You cant coast, and can quickly lose a supposed point cushion with a bad string of games. Where I think it breaks down in "fun" is the loss of beating one actual opponent each week, and will be towards season end. The frontrunners might be too far ahead for everyone else to catch up with. Of course our leagues do have a history of being close.

Yeah, two things to consider. The first is that the drama is back-loaded in Roto. There's not a lot right now, but at the end of the season what drama there is is heightened. And the drama of H2H was kind of an illusion, anyway, except until the playoffs.

The other, of course, is that the format deliberately trades drama for fairness. It'd be more dramatic still if we just, like, threw dice. There's no perfect balance there; just depends on what you want out of it.

It depends how you look at it. There's a chance there may not be much drama at the end with rotisserie. If people pull into huge leads, it will be hard to eat away at that.

Sure, it's possible. Then again, if that's the case, it means someone has run away with it and really deserves to win, where in H2H someone like that would still have to brave two rolls of the dice in the playoffs.

Guess it depends on what you value, and to what degree, between drama and fairness.

Speaking of which...this is like the fifth time this season I've slotted in a reliver--usually one that'd been very good all year--only to have them get absolutely creamed. It's been uncanny and it's probably added more than half a run to my team's ERA so far. Once or twice it's just been bad luck, with a so-so reliever set to get saves. But just as often it's been a guy who's basically been good-to-elite who just happens to blow up as soon as I grab him.

Terrible. This ERA crap is going to dog me all year and only half of it's from my actual starters and other things that aren't random as all get-out.

Don't get me started on ERA and WHIP. I think I've figured this baseball thing out: draft offense, because pitching is unpredictable. From Josh Johnson 12+ERA on my team to even Greinke and Hanson having higher ERA and WHIP than I would have guessed at this point, I give up on those categories.

Nolasco shouldn't be leading my team in ERA lol

Hey Mr. Commish. Don't suppose there's any chance I can get credit for Crash Davis and his two innings pitched and the win last night is there? I technically have him in my lineup but not as a pitcher, but still, he's on my team. Whatd'yathink?