What's Your Phobia?

Tools    

Like you've even had the chance to swim in crocodile infested waters...

When I was in the Army, I was stationed near Atlanta, GA. My wife and I had a home off base with a large pond on the backside of the property. There was a large croc that lived there, my friends and I used to get drunk and mess with the poor beast(never swam with it tho). When my 1st wife got pregnant, we had the pond drained and the croc removed.

I did however, have a water moccasin swim against my chest when we were out on bivwak...I turned the water a little yellow.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Like you've even had the chance to swim in crocodile infested waters...
Queensland actually and i was VERY brave!
mainly because they were in a zoo captivity

i actually think i would rather fall of a cliff than die of being eaten alive

Crocodile or aligator?
oops, sorry...you're right...alligator, 5' long and old. We called him gummy

Fighting out of the Lions Den
I haven't ever, and I probably wouldn't ever. I doubt a freshwater crocodile could kill me, but it'd definitely f*ck me up. I'm not taking the risk. I hate crocodiles.
F****d up is definately a good enough reason not too.
There probably isn`t a wild Croc within 3,000 miles of my home, but still, I can`t help thinking twice whenever I step foot into a murky River bed here.

Naisy, I see you mention Steve Irwin , who is indeed one crazy cuckoo, but I`ve been watching another aussie on Discovery over the years, who I think is even madder .
His name (I think) is Rob Bredahl aka, The Barefoot Bushman .
I love watching him, but he makes me so friggin nervous at the same time.
Crazy, just damn Crazy!

Lets put a smile on that block
MOTHS

Big, dusty, fast bouncy moths......
(shudders) eeeeerrrhhhhhuuugg

Enemies are so stimulating.
moths and airplanes.

moths: they are like small miniture bats and they attack me in my sleep flying back and forth into my face each time getting closer to my mouth or my nose or my eyes and all i can do is wave my hands around frantically trying to attack this creature sent from hell! all this while its so dark i cant see a thing and ive been jumping around so long im disoriantated and havent a clue where the light switch went. the best thing i can do at a time like that is turn the light switch on to distract the creature from hell. finally i find the light switch and the moth flys towards the now blinding light, i try to let my eyes reajust and then search for a cup. once the cup is in my hand i have to catch the moth and then as a punishment for scary the living daylights out of me i keep it trapped under that cup till it dies there.

airplanes: especially big ones. i cant stand all that turbulence at such a great height. just one little thing to go wrong and it would all end. scared! screaming! heart attacks! stomach in mouth from the high speeds of dropping to the ground in screaming flames! not my cup of tea at all. yuk yuk yuk.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

The Fat of the Mailbox
Mottephobia: fear of moths

Nothing that makes my blood run icy...

I'm too old to have any real fears other than something untoward happening to my kids. You know, the Texas DPS has a website that lists child molesters by zip code... I have several in mine and one about 15 houses away from me. If anyone messed with my kids I would have no impulse control, none... nothing to stop me from getting seriously medieval.

I digress, my apologies.

Yes...so something bad happening to my kids is my worst fear/phobia.

I don't like spiders either. I bought a tarantula to combat my fear and the first time I got the courage up to hold it in my hand it RAN up my arm and down the back of my shirt and I FU**ING FREAKED OUT! Bear in mind that this spider was bigger than my hand and it had some SERIOUS fangs. I caught it after bouncing it around inside my shirt and really pissing it off... got rid of it the next day.

Wasps

Bees

Ants

Paper

Spiders

These are my only fears

DeNiro
Pacino
Robbins
Hanks
Norton
McQueen

The guys talent is amazing. Watch and believe in the Crowe Nation

Originally posted by Toose
You know, the Texas DPS has a website that lists child molesters by zip code... I have several in mine

I checked....there is about 6-7 within up to 10 miles from my house. Freaking scary.

Originally posted by Toose
Yes...so something bad happening to my kids is my worst fear/phobia.
I agree. I have two daughters, 4 and 11, when I see movies that depict child abuse, in any way, I always internalize it. I think about what I would do...

When my oldest daughter was seven, she went out bike riding with a local 11 year old girl. Now, the eleven year old was known to have some family problems, but she was a sweet kid when she was away from them. They had started riding their bikes,around one in the afternoon, by two, we were looking for them. At the time, my family and I were living on an island on the Columbia River, that seperated Washington and Oregon. It is about 5 square miles in size, with many stores, hotels, and restaraunts. Not to mention a main railroad line, which sported a great many transients. By five in the evening both of our families were in a panic. By seven in the evening the police were involved, plus a good number of our neighbors, yet there was no sign of the girls, or their bikes. I was looking by the train tracks in the brush. I can't describe how it felt, looking for my Angel's body, at the old quarry, or behind the train yards. I have been on the streets, been in jail, and fought in a war, but I had never known fear until then. Around nine that night, our neighbor went to a fast food place, Taco Bell, and he saw the bikes. they were hidden amongst some trees between the drive-in and the hotel next door.
Come to find out, the older girl wanted to go into the hotel, when she noticed some flyers for a convention advertising a free buffet. She was never fed very well, unless she came to our home. My daughter didn't know how to get back home, so she stayed with her friend. Maybe she was just caught up in the adventure of crashing a convention and stuffing her face, but when she saw all the police cars and all the family that came to give us their moral support, she broke down.
I kissed her and hugged her, and thanked doG that she was safe. Then I grounded her for two weeks.