MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Made you a little offer involving a pitcher, Seds. If you don't like it we might be able to figure something else out. I can definitely spare a good starter, because...

...Cliff Lee is a friggin' beast. And Jared Weaver was insanely under-valued. The dude's a top 10 pitcher easily, and maybe a top 6 or 7 guy, but he was the 17th starter taken in our draft (and a lot of others).

So, yeah, I'm definitely good to move either Billingsley or Hudson, depending on whether each of you prefer Ks or Wins, most likely. Maybe both if there's enough involved, and if Ted Lilly gets it together, which I think he probably will.

A system of cells interlinked
I think...I am OK for now. My people had a stellar week last week, and a pretty bad week so far this week, and Kemp is the only rock across the entire period. This week, my hitters are flagging a bit, but Kemp has kept it over .400 while everyone is around .200 for the week. look me up when we get into May. April is just a bad month for pitching, historically.

Well I just benched Derek Jeter and put in Ryan Theriot. Theriots hot right now and Jeters looking like Brett Favre from last season. Bad move?

Probably. I kinda hate Derek Jeter (for things largely outside of his control), but he's still a better bet day-in and day-out. Definitely need to ride out cold streaks in baseball; very much a long-term game, and long-term Jeter's almost definitely going to be much better than Theriot, who still has to fight for playing time.

There are a few players that seem so obviously streaky that owners can make a case for trying to predict when they're heating up and when they're cooling down, but that's pretty tricky stuff, and for most players the streaks are unpredictable.

Frickin' Taters putting some whooping on me ass. Saturday morning and beating me 5-2. The Naturals right now need Roy Hobbs. Bad.

Mellow series with my friend Adam all week until last night, where we both had three starters set to go (though Lowe's got postponed). Worked out beautifully; Weaver had another very good start, Pujols went deep, and Chacin threw a shutdown. Definitely gonna have pitchers I can move in the coming weeks if this keeps up.

I barely beat Spudracers grilled taters (or whatever the heck hes callin them). He had me beat all week long, and maybe 2 times I got in a tie situation. Last 2 hours of baseball on sunday night I finally grabbed the lead . Whew. If I knew what the hell was going on beyond the score I probably wouldve been a basket case .

I think Im liking my team. Doesnt seem to be many holes if the starting % is any indicator. Trying to learn the players first and the fantasy mechanics second. For instance just today I realize Ive got a great pitcher in Dan Haren. I thought he was just some lineup filler type of guy. Anyway I think my pitching is set...though I do want David Price (my dad said hes a keeper), and would like Evan Longoria too though I feel the price might be too high.

Well, I don't think Grady Sizemore is back to his old self, because he was a 1st-round caliber talent just a few years ago...but he's still looking like a decent bargain for Seds at this point. If he scrapes together even 17-18 homers and just as many steals, that's not bad given that he didn't really cost anything. He'll probably hurt the batting average, but it's still a nice pickup and there's a little bit more upside there than for most guys you were able to snag late.

Meanwhile, Chad Billingsley finally shook off the sluggish start and throw an absolute gem; 7 scoreless innings and 10 11 (!) Ks. Absolutely loving my pitching staff, except that my roster's filled with them and I can't drop any of them to pick up any hitters! So hopefully I'll be able to find a package deal at some point to deal some of this depth.

Yeah, I had a slot or two each week that was struggling on the power side of things, and Sizemore gives me a guy with more upside to fill that slot now. I just wish i had read he was active yesterday, as he had a great day and a couple of my guys...did not... Still pulled out a 6-3-1 for the week, though. I've had a great week from pitchers and then a terrible week from pitchers..which makes it really tough to decide if I need to make a trade or not!

Tongo and I have a pretty tight match going, as we are tied in no less than 5 categories right now. However, I still have FOUR starting pitchers to go this week, as it just so happens I have a lot of double dippers this week. I think this works out well, and Tongo's staff is clearly the tighter group of control pitchers, so I will cencede WHIP and ERA, which are already firmly in Tongo's bag, hopefully snagging two more categories in wins and Ks. Hopefully my power can stay ahead in runs and RBI while slotting a few more steals over the weekend. Barring a big meltdown, I think AVG. is mine this week.

It always blows my mind how quickly I go from "wow, so many guys I've never heard of, I guess I'll just take this guy" to "ahhh, I don't have enough roster spots!" Happened even quicker than usual this year; lots of speculative adds. This is a new personal record, though, for the smallest period of time between feeling like I have extra room for guys, to feeling like I want to hang onto 2-3 more than I have room for, and that's with the extra DL spot this year, even.

It'll all shake out, though, as closer roles solidify and starters either step up or get shipped out. It's pretty messy at first, though. Lots of agonizing choices already.

Tongo's pitchers delivered last night, so my 4 upcoming starters this weekend have a bit of a hill to get over. This is going to be a close series!

EDIT - Huzzuh? I guess they hadn't posted Sunday's starters yet when I counted upcoming starts. I don't have 4 starters left to go, I have FIVE.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've got myself into a close series as well, 5-4. I really really need Longoria and Bailey back, though it could make for some difficult cuts.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Matt Capps turned out to be a pretty sweet draft pick. I was pretty sure Nathan would pick up where he left off, with Capps mainly working the 8th and helping my whip numbers, along with the occasional cheapie win when he's the pitcher of record when a tie is broken, but, this...this is much better.

If you're sellin' Crawford for 80 cents on the dollar, I'm buyin'.

Anyway, I've got Dex next week, and he might've drawn the short straw because Lee and Weaver are scheduled to pitch twice. Yowza.

Not giving up your 1st pick?! LOL! Hell thats where the best tradings at!

So is there a dominant team in baseball now or has their not been enough time yet to determine?