The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

Just got the email; apparently Badger went through with the Brady/Turner deal. That dude clearly wants to marry Aaron Rodgers, because he basically just gave up his 1st AND 2nd round picks for him. Wow.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
may i add that Jerome Harrison out pointed Turner last year and is younger, with a whole lot of upside.

not to mention I had another Packer fan to entice.

Garret bit first, and lets be honest his Av was beggen for this ti happen.

I had just sent a PM to WBadger to try and get Charles instead of Harrison but too late. Dang it! Hey hes one of my contacts and friends so there!

I hope Rivers has the goods this year cause Dextruction youre going down! I dont care if I have to fedex some ibuprofen to Percy Harvin or put bionics in Caddys leg.

All this tradings making me nervous. I cant believe I'm the one saying that

oh i got the offer asking for Charles.

i believe my response was :

you gotta be shatten me.

Well Tom Brady aint gonna save you now! Oh I hate the Patriots. Watch Jerome Harrison just kill this year and both of us cry. Sucker was traded twice before the season could start.

This is gonna be an interesting season.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
that's just wayyy too much to give up for Rodgers. Hell, even if he is the best QB in fantasy, it is still going to amount to giving up too much.

by the way, Jerome Harrison isn't doing anything big this year, so adding him to the trade does next to nothing other than throwing a well-below average starter into the mix.

Sure, Harrison out-pointed him, but it was only by 29 points even though Turner missed a third of the season and had 45 fewer touches. Turner's also looking like he might actually catch a few passes this year, and he'll probably only need to be a shell of his 2008 self to put up much bigger numbers. Heck, you were enumerating Harrison's question marks yourself two days ago, so you know them all already.

If viewed objectively, this deal is hoping for a lot of things to happen. It's hoping Turner gets hurt again and/or Harrison has a breakthrough year, Rodgers has another completely stellar year, and that Brady has another quite-good-but-not-great year, rather than the fantastic one he's at least capable of.

Nah. This is a "I must have Aaron Rodgers at all costs" deal, for sure. He'll probably be pretty awesome, but no player in the league is worth your first two picks, particularly when they consist of a likely top 5 QB and a possible top 5 RB.

Well Tom Brady aint gonna save you now! Oh I hate the Patriots. Watch Jerome Harrison just kill this year and both of us cry. Sucker was traded twice before the season could start.

This is gonna be an interesting season.
Oh Harrison is gonna have a huge year. Garret could easily "win" this deal.

Rodgers is head and shoulders above Brady, probably in the neighborhood of 70 points.

I certainly didnt make the trade coz im crazy for brady thats for sure.

I need Turner to stay healthy, or believe you me i'll have egg on me face.

Saturday:
the Rankings are a funny thing. Harrison simply had a few high profile games to end the season last year,(against tres weak opps) so he's fresh in everyones mind. After all, if he was all that and a bag of chips, Cleveland wouldnt have moved up in the draft to go after Hardesty.
cleveland will struggle on offense.
Today:
Oh Harrison is gonna have a huge year.
Shameless.

To guarantee that any Cleveland Brown is going to have a huge year is not even realistic. How was Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow when they were supposed to be phenominal? Derek Anderson anyone? Jamal Lewis? The problem merely starts with the coaching of the team. Romeo Crennel was a terrible coach offensively, and Eric Mangini may be even worse.

Rodgers is above Brady, but I'm not sure it will be THAT much more.

Like Yoda said, the only way the trade swings in his favor is if Turner gets injured, because he is way too damn talented to even be compared in the same sentence as Jerome Harrison, who did the bulk of his running against very weak run defenses last year.

ok Rauld, lets have some fun. guess how many total yards Harrison will amass and TD's be they rushing, receiving or on Special Teams.

oh and who said anythen about guarantee?

Steve Slaton taught me there is no such thing.

I am going to guess 675 yards rushing with 4 td's. Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

lets make it guaranteed interesting.

I'll wager a DVD that he bests those totals.

so for me to win, Harrison must amass 676 yards + 5 TDs.

do we have an accord?

Watch Jerome Harrison just kill this year and both of us cry.
"That would be the day...."

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure why I did this. Probably one of the hardest decisions of my life, yes, and DexterRiley was the master behind the manipulation. I'm glad he could use his first round pick as a token to gain more for his team or did he? Though, in my opinion, that token is the most consistent and valuable in the trade.

Obviously, the Turner-Harrison equation of the trade doesn't really add up. Turner is one of the highest ranked fantasy running backs and Harrison doesn't come close, of course. This is a huge risk for the sake of my team and DexterRiley probably gets the edge in this trade. However, I have reason to believe in Mr. Harrison, maybe late season domination isn't a good way to tell but there is promise there, and maybe the Browns will feature him a lot more in the offense.

A lot of maybes there, but there really isn't a way to know for sure until the season starts. Can't wait.

And, uh, I'm sort of happy to have this guy back on the team.

I wouldn't take that bet on Harrison, but it's kind of moot because it's not as if getting to those totals will make the deal even. He could rush for 800 and get 6 TDs, and Turner's '08 numbers would still double both (not that I expect Turner to do quite THAT well).

A side-bet might be fun, but the larger point is about where his numbers put him in relation to Turner. Would you bet, for example, that Turner produces less than 300-ish yards and 5 TDs more than Harrison? Because that's close to the difference last year between Rodgers and Brady.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure why I did this. Probably one of the hardest decisions of my life, yes, and DexterRiley was the master behind the manipulation. I'm glad he could use his first round pick as a token to gain more for his team or did he? Though, in my opinion, that token is the most consistent and valuable in the trade.

Obviously, the Turner-Harrison equation of the trade doesn't really add up. Turner is one of the highest ranked fantasy running backs and Harrison doesn't come close, of course. This is a huge risk for the sake of my team and DexterRiley probably gets the edge in this trade. However, I have reason to believe in Mr. Harrison, maybe late season domination isn't a good way to tell but there is promise there, and maybe the Browns will feature him a lot more in the offense.

A lot of maybes there, but there really isn't a way to know for sure until the season starts. Can't wait.

And, uh, I'm sort of happy to have this guy back on the team.

Same reason you took the dude #1 overall: you're a diehard Pack fan and you really want their star player on your team. Believe me, I sympathize.

Even though the value I put on Rodgers in this trade is too high, I admit, and though I am a diehard Packer fan, Aaron Rodgers is one of the best fantasy players out there...

The bottem line is for me to trade Aaron Rodgers to anybody, i would have to get a QB back in return.

he just happened to have Brady as a QB.

basically i Traded Aaron Rodgers for Michael Turner.

jerome harrison was included to make the trade equal in number. (2 for 2)

badger, pleasure doin business with you sir.

I think you took him to the cleaners, but Badger got his guy, so at least he'll be able to root for his guy now on both fronts. Of course if Turner gets hurt then the deal may come out in Badgers favor in the end because there's a reason Rodgers is being drafted in the top ten consistently.

He's uh, good and stuff. Real good.