The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

Why? Schaub is ranked higher on every single board I can find, has a higher average draft position, and I had him higher on my draft board, too. It's a very good offer, I'm just weighing whether I prefer Rivers' slightly more proven track record against Schaub's more favorable situation, and the fact that he put up better numbers last year.

He's definitely not a first-rounder, to my mind, but for these purposes I don't really care where he was drafted.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yeah, that would be surprising... though I'm still kind of surprised Schaub was a first rounder.
Oh I'm not terribly surprised at that, not the way Qb's were falling off the board in the 1st anyway.

Its weird though, I have both Rivers and Schaub on 2 other teams this year.
http://10008284679.football.cbssport...teams/page/5/1

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...&seasonId=2010

Have you seen the Texans Schedule this year?

Have you seen the Texans Schedule this year?
Well, based on last year's points allowed per position, this year's Chargers' schedule allowed the 17th most to opposing QBs. For the Texans, it's 19th, which is obviously a negligible difference.

Here are the Texans' games, along with each opponent's rank against fantasy QBs last year:
  • Colts (9th)
  • Redskins (11th)
  • Cowboys (14th)
  • Raiders (18th)
  • Giants (29th)
  • Chiefs (21st)
  • Colts (9th)
  • Chargers (13th)
  • Jaguars (28th)
  • Jets (1st)
  • Titans (31st)
  • Eagles (16th)
  • Ravens (6th)
  • Titans (31st)
  • Broncos (4th)
  • Jaguars (28th)
That's 5 games against top 10 opponents, and also 5 games against not just bottom 10 opponents, but opponents 28th or worse. Average rank: 16.8th, right in the middle.

This is all leaving aside the fact that team defenses are wildly unpredictable from year to year, particularly in regards to how they defend a single skill position. I don't put a lot of stock in last year's rankings for these purposes, but even if I did there's nothing here to sway me either way, really, unless I'm missing something...?

Yoda, sounds like you already made up your mind.

who yas tryin to convince?

According to NFL.com Houston has the toughest schedule.

thats it thats all.

I believe the best trade is one that favours both partners equally.

I see negligible improvements to your squad, while Tongo gets apprecciably better by having Rivers chuck it to gates.

hey man, as i said earlier, I've drafted em both this year.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Count me in for the DVD thing. Honestly, I think we should already claim it as a go. Adding some cheap DVD's to my collection sounds great!

I believe the best trade is one that favours both partners equally. I cant think of a more equal trade than this one. Ever.

I see negligible improvements to your squad, while Tongo gets apprecciably better by having Rivers chuck it to gates. ? If Yodas QB slot remains the same with Schaub then doesnt mine stay the same with Rivers? This is a trade of equal QBs, and our tight-end value doesnt change either way. This trade is almost cosmetic since the 2 QBs are so equally matched.
The way you responded to my last 2 trade offers sounded of "Well youd have to be an idiot to accept that deal!", and if thats how you meant it you shouldnt talk. Really last season I traded way too much to the point if I wasnt fair theyd have been done with me!

Rivers too Gates is an awesome combo, but maybe Rivers #'s will falter due to Vincent Jacksons absence. Matt Schaub too Jacoby Jones really is a great combo. It seems Owen Daniels is slow to recover from last seasons injury still. This means J Jones gets more throws., and Schaub was throwing it too Jacoby & Andre almost equally in recent preseason games. I really wouldnt be surprised at all if Jacoby Jones puts up 200 points this year. Favre did with Harvin last year, and Schaubs as good as Favre. Yes I actually tried to get Jacoby from Yoda before pusuing this course. No budge. Andre Johnson?! Hell naw no budge lol! So Ill trade the QBs.

Oh, not really trying to convince anyone, mostly just curious if I'm missing something obvious.

Re: schedule. I'll check that out, thanks for the tip. I usually put very little stock in what last year's teams were like (with some exceptions, of course), since most of it goes out the window in the first few weeks. And playing a good team is probably a good thing from a fantasy perspective if you've got someone from the team's passing game! I'll take garbage points if I can get 'em.

I'm interested in the bit about Gates, though. I'm kind of torn on whether or not it's good to have both ends of something like that, or worse. Obviously a good week becomes really good, but a bad one becomes particularly bad. Seems mainly to be a function of how much each owner likes to balance risk, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm still mulling it over. I don't mind people questioning prospective deals, though. I like analyzing them.

The way you responded to my last 2 trade offers sounded of "Well youd have to be an idiot to accept that deal!", and if thats how you meant it you shouldnt talk. Really last season I traded way too much to the point if I wasnt fair theyd have been done with me!

Rivers too Gates is an awesome combo, but maybe Rivers #'s will falter due to Vincent Jacksons absence. Matt Schaub too Jacoby Jones really is a great combo. It seems Owen Daniels is slow to recover from last seasons injury still. This means J Jones gets more throws., and Schaub was throwing it too Jacoby & Andre almost equally in recent preseason games. I really wouldnt be surprised at all if Jacoby Jones puts up 200 points this year. Favre did with Harvin last year, and Schaubs as good as Favre. Yes I actually tried to get Jacoby from Yoda before pusuing this course. No budge. Andre Johnson?! Hell naw no budge lol! So Ill trade the QBs.
what was your offer for jones?

Justin Forsett was involved, but it never got to the point when an official offer was made.

youve been tryin to dump forsett in every deal, makes me wonder why you bothered to draft him in the 1st place.

Well, it's official.

Deal #3: Matt Schaub for Phillip Rivers. Agonized over it for a couple of days, but I had Schaub ranked higher going into the draft, and every source I can find has him higher, so that's enough for me. I think he's just a tad less proven, but has bigger upside, particularly given how often the Texans' liked to throw the ball last year, and how good their offense might be this year.

Of course, the agonizing thing over this trade is that there's no inter-positional calculus. It's just one guy for another at the same positions, which means by season's end there are going to be two simple numbers, and whichever one is higher will decide which guy was better. I thought about how lame it would be to lose and then have to go look at Rivers' numbers and see if he would have made the difference that week, but the moment the trade was offered I'd inevitably have ended up doing the same with Schaub, anyway.

One thing I do like about this is that, assuming I keep Jacoby Jones (tentative: I keep getting offers for him!), it helps mitigate one of the risks: Schaub losing big value if Andre Johnson gets hurt. If that happens, the blow would be softened because Jones' could presumably take his place, or at least get a lot more playing time.

Matt Schaub, welcome aboard. You're now an Angry Man. Here's your stress ball and baseball bat with nails in it.

Presenting the Movie Forum Eliminator Challenge

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....l/group/18082/

The idea of the game is simple enough, Each week Choose a Single Team to Win.

the catch is, you can only pick a Team once. ( so yeah eventually you will have to choose the browns, Bucs and Lions)

there is no spread, its straight up

also , to keep it balanced and maybe have more competitors in for longer, its a 2 strikes you are out format.

last one standing wins... A mystery DVD from each of the non-winners.

password to join - mofo

I see Schaub putting up huge numbers again this year, and Rivers falling slightly from last year. Vincent Jackson is a huge deep threat and I would be willing to bet Rivers makes more home run throws than anyone else in the league (Maybe under Drew Brees). Without Jackson and even Chris Chamber's in the mix, I don't see Rivers having monster games. Gates is a great receiver, and will get plenty of touch downs, but he won't be assisting Rivers with huge throwing yards. Malcom Floyd is hardly a replacement for Vincent Jackson, although he is a good player to have because he is a target now.

Also, I don't think Andre Johnson CAN get hurt

Matt Schaub, welcome aboard. You're now an Angry Man. Here's your stress ball and baseball bat with nails in it.

here yoda i have come up with a team logo for ya.

note in my design, the stress ball has come to life..the evil eye and all that.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyTeamLogo.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	6816  

beep beeep, beep biddy beep beep

We interrupt regular viewings to announce the 1st truly Blockboster Trade proposal of the Year.

Garrett and his goon squad is posed to Aquire Aaron Rodgers and Jerome Harrison in exchange for Tom Brady and Micheal Turner.

Oh he'll take that deal in a snap! His name isnt Raul though its Garrett. Good job Badger

oh, thanks for clearin that up. i dont know why i confused the two of em to be honest.

I also have another trade on the table with PW

Dallas D for WR depth KC rookie Dexter Mcluster

Even Badger might have limits to his Packer love. But I guess we'll see. Oh, who am I kidding, the guy would trade his grandmother for Mason Crosby.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm looking to pick up a Packer myself. Whoever has Jennings or Finley and doesn't mind wheeling and dealing, send me an offer.