The First Contest Thread!

Tools    

Ok, I know OG- is totally gonna bust my chops (honestly, I'm sending it next week! ), but here's a fun little contest we can all partake in. 'Cept for me, of course. It's really simple: everyone tries to guess what the current MoFo record is for the most posts in a single day. You each get one guess, and the closest wins a DVD or something off of Amazon (Basically, a $20 Amazon.com gift certificate delivered by email).

Sound fun? If so, go ahead and place your bets.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by OG-
Counting intermissions?
My guess on that one would be no since the posts in Intermission don't go on your post count...maybe they do count though.

Closest without going over right??? 243
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

This is like the Price is Right. I'll bid 321 posts.

Hey!

Radioactive Spider Blood

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm going with 310...total. Including Intermission.

$1 dollar, Bob. I think it includes Intermission posts...I'm nearly positive of that...but I'm not 100% positive as to how the little Control Panel statistics generator thingamajig does it. I'll see if I can go find out...in the mean time, I think it's safe to assume that, YES, it includes Intermission posts...

...and no, there's no penalty for going over...it's simply the person closest to the total. And yes, you can change your vote before the whole thing ends...but not more than, say, once or twice...otherwise it could get quite confusing.

In that case I would like to change my guess from 320 to 322.

uuuum I'm going with 115

Ok, I asked the experts on the subject (easier than checking for myself), and they say that the little stats generator thing counts all forums, regardless of whether or not post counts are on in that forum. Hurry up and place your final guesses...I figure the contest will end in a few days.

I'll have to ask everyone to "lock in" their guesses now...put it in bold or something to indicate that it is your FINAL guess. Remember: no penalty for going over. Closest wins...and no guessing the same as anyone.

Bob, I bid 323.