0%
0 votes
I'm using IT more than I'm posting.
22.22%
2 votes
I don't use it very often, but I'm glad it's there
0%
0 votes
I think it's a waste, and rarely use it.
0%
0 votes
I don't need it. Never use it.
0%
0 votes
I feel uncomfortable sending someone a message.what if they don't return it?
9 votes. You may not vote on this poll

What, Sent Items? Yeah, you can read stuff over again that you've sent to others, assuming you don't delete it, and you have the "Save Copy in Sent Items" box checked when you send it.

Now With Moveable Parts
Hmmmm, there's really no need to read them again. I've got some of them commited to memory.

Personally, I like the way the PMs are set up right now and don't find the system at all cumbersome.

Deleteing messages is simple and takes very little time. BTW, you can also delete a message when you're finished reading it. There's a box at the very top of the page, left-hand side.

I like the sent messages folder and don't want it to go away. I don't really care if they are counted in the message total or not, but I like the feature.

And yes, Sades, of course you can re-read the messages you sent. You can also edit and re-send from that folder or forward to another user entirely.

The third folder, which I don't think many people are aware of but is a nice feature, is the Message Tracking folder. Those do NOT count toward your total, but are easy to erase if you'd like. The tracking folder is good for those times you wonder, 'Gee, did so-and-so get that PM I sent him two days ago?' You can answer that yourself in the Tracking folder and it'll tell you if the recipient read your message (and even the date and time they first peeked at it).

Also, if you think Sent Messages and Message Trackings are too unweildy for you, you don't HAVE to get them in the first place. At the bottom of each PM, as you're composing it but before you send it, there are four boxes to check. Two are identical to regular messages on the board: automaticaly parse URLs and show signature. The other two boxes are "save a copy" and "request read reciept". If you uncheck those boxes, you will no longer have Sent Messages or Message Tracking in your personal PM folder.

Play around wth this stuff, folks, it ain't exactly a Rubix Cube.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike

Play around wth this stuff, folks, it ain't exactly a Rubix Cube.
No s*** Sherlock. I was just trying to lower my message count, because it's drawing near to that 200 mark T was talking about earlier, thanks for the info though...

Well, it IS rather elementary ***** to me, 25-Wattson, but if you've got close to 200 messages and you're finding them a problem to manage, I'd say my above post isn't full of as much eye-rolling obviousness as you suggest. Otherwise you wouldn't have even been getting all those messages in your sent file to begin with.

But carry on. As you were.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
actually...all you have to do is delete your sent items and your box is empty...if you delete whats in your inbox and sent box...everything is cleared...it doesnt count the message tracking
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Well, it IS rather elementary ***** to me, 25-Wattson, but if you've got close to 200 messages and you're finding them a problem to manage, I'd say my above post isn't full of as much eye-rolling obviousness as you suggest. Otherwise you wouldn't have even been getting all those messages in your sent file to begin with.

But carry on. As you were.
Yes, oh master of the forums, I am an idiot...thank you for pointing that out to me. Never give up on me sir...

She can't help the way she's drawn, Holden. I've got your next two quizzes entered into the database and awaiting my confirmation. I'll likely post them publicly tonight. Gracias...one of these days, though, you're gonna write one I really wanna take on my own (In fact, I wish I could do so with the Coen Brothers Quiz)...and I'll have to write some script to allow you to enter it, so I don't know the answers.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
She can't help the way she's drawn, Holden.
That's right...I can't.

Now With Moveable Parts
It's so funny to go to the " who's online" page and see that everybody is using the private messages. I hope this doesn't put a damper on the forums...I'm not complaining, but I just want to be sure the forums are getting action too.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. At first it was just a few people, but now it's everyone. Over 1,300 messages have been sent...and this new forum/new feature has been up for less than a month. Apparently it was a welcome addition.

Now With Moveable Parts
Well, it was an obvious choice to put on. I mean, we were all getting to know each other's personalities so well, that the forums were becoming chat rooms, not especially what newcomers feel welcomed to. So I think it was a wise choice for this crowd.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just today noticed the Who's Online feature. Pretty nifty.

Originally posted by OG-
I just today noticed the Who's Online feature. Pretty nifty.
Damn, you never saw that? I love that feature. If you ever see me reply to something less than a minute after it's posted, it's usually because I saw the person about to post through that. Great feature...

it is a riot getting to know everyone's "personality" through our conversations/posts on the forum...the PM feature is great, but there are still personal comments peppered throughout threads- and i like that.

something i haven't yet been able to deduce, and sades let me know if you have....is.......holden's shoe size.

Now With Moveable Parts
PM me and I'll tell you something...