Newbie help!!

Tools    

I'm trying to figure out how to edit my signature and how to imbed an image into the sig...

I thought it was '[img] link [/img]'

test..

No, you use the img tag to embed images...however, I've turned that feature off. A lot of images are bulky and take up a lot of space...sometimes more than the posts themselves! As such, for now, I'm not allowing images to be embedded. Oh, and besides, that image is crap.

I'm not a newbie, but how do I check my messages? Also, how do I add a little thing under my name? (ex. TWT's "All Powerful Admin" with the film reel)

Steve: select "Forum Options" from the "The Forums" dropdown on the far right, underneat the "Quizzes" button. From there, you can check messages, and go to the Edit Profile/Edit Options pages. You can do all kinds of stuff from those pages. The "Forum Options" area is sort of akin to the "Edit Profile" link on the old site...only with more capabilities.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Plus, you can't do any of the avatars or custom titles til you get some posts under your belt..

BTW, Steve, why did you register a new name?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hey... what the heck happened man. I been trying to read mofo.com for like a week and kept getting tech messages. Now that I typed it in instead of using my favorites, I guess it works now. Anyways.. I like how the site looks now. Gotta go play with all the new stuff. Nice work TWT! Damn it did suck not to be able to read the site for a while.

There... ya happy now!? Geeezz...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Timing...you should have edited a post so that you wouldn't have back to back to back messages...just talking out loud though..

BTW, I think you have enough posts to upload your own Avatar. If you need help with that...send a private message to one of us...

Yeah, go back and turn it into one post...it's just so much more efficient. A week? Hmmm...well, the site was putting up error messages for something like a day or two. You should have gotten, aside from that, user-friendly error messages. Anyway, MovieForums.com, MovieForums.net, and MovieForums.com/forums all point here for now.

If you guys wanna bookmark the forums, boomark MovieForums.net -- that's the one that'll always point right to 'em. And yes, the site has slowed down a tad...our host has been skipping a bit, it seems. If all goes well over the coming months, though, I hope to be able to afford a dedicated server.

Hey... how do I change my Movie Member thing. I don't wanna be a movie member no more.

It should be an option on the same page you found the "Change Avatar" button. It's the "Edit Profile" page in your CP, on the bottom half of the page. I think you need 50 posts to specify a custom user title.

Nope, I don't see anything on there that would change that.

I'm seriously not trying to give you a hard time but this is all that is below the birthday field. No custom nothin man!

Additional Information
Favorite Movies Edit Favorite Movies
Biography:
A few details about yourself
Interests:
Your hobbies, etc
Your job