The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
With MJD, the play-action works very well in the redzone, where Lewis has been money. they'll go to that well till it runs dry.

As to Austin, its the name game. When folks are gaga for Austin its because of what he did last year, ie blowing up in mega-fashion. He simply is not doing that this year. Partially because he isn't surprising anyone and for the 1st time in his young Career he has to deal with dbl coverage, and 2ndly the Dallas Schedule is a lil tougher than the whence he blew up last season.

oh, and Jon kitna.

I never said it was a terrible offer Rob, i am of the belief it didn't particularly strengthen Flash's squad.

have a good day at work.

Ummm, thanks for the advice guys. I think it boils down to a wash and that does nothing for me really. It could go either way though, just like anything else. I do not even like to think about TEs after the Dallas Clark incident. I will not go into the Addai/Garcon/Gonzales junk - do not say it is because they are all on the same team, anyone canget injured anytime - just fliipin crazy. What is it with the Colts this year, Collie, Brown, - not all season ending stuff, but certainly driving me crazy as a fan. I wonder each week what Colt will be going down.

I am starting Pierre Garcon with Confidence over at Espn Flash. He owes me big time for the near bagel of last week.

Oops almost forgot - If anyone wants Miles Austin or Tony Gonzalez make me an offer. Looking for a RB or WR or both.

I appreciate the explanation Dex.
No worries I've been bullish on Jamaal Charles all season for the exact same reason.

The Trading Block is CLOSED

Without a doubt this season of trading far outsurpassed last years. More people involved, more bigname star player deals, and the block was a good place to b.s. about football in general. I imagine it will stay a good place to cry and whine about our weekly roster woes.

Thank you to DexterRiley, Fiscal, and rauldc14 for not just being apart of it all, but improving things. Our fantasy football league rocks

Probably get a college degree. I dont think I had the most trades this season though. I havent counted but I think either Yoda or Dexter had the most trades. Curious if their combined totals would surpass my trade count from last year - 16. Actually that mark should never be broken as last year I wasnt a fantasy football team but more like Jerry Maguire on speed.

Did you ever trade justin forsett? i've forgotten, he was offered in every trade , or it seemed that way.

I think we had just a few trades one year, and almost none in another. This is way, way busier than the league has ever been, probably by a factor of 10 or so. And a lot of the trades were both bold and logical. Very exciting stuff.

yeah trades wise this is easily the most active league i've ever been involved with. I think it may have to do with 14 teams.

This year also seemed to be a sea-change in value shockas.

Perrenial studs like MJD, Dwill, Michael Turner, Andre Johnson and Randy Moss failed to Rock it like a hurricane right out of the gate, while 2009 breakout stars like matt schaub, miles austin , shonn greene and ray rice fizzled .

It made for a whole lotta re-tooling right off the bat.

Good times.

What do you guys figure the Trade of the year was?

Tongo did very well to Aquire Rivers straight up for Schaub, on the other hand Yoda switching Moss for MJD turned out to be hella lopsided.

You all will remember this day when at the end of the season Cadillac ends up being one of the premiere running backs in the NFL. Yeah I said it! Caddy was just getting warmed up last year from being out 2 years in a row. Until Josh Freeman throws some TDs Caddy IS the offense of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Especially with Derrick Ward and his potbelly. With Caddy having two season ending knee injuries back-to-back his chance of getting injured now is minimal

Ah who am I bs'ing. Im a Bucs fan, but not enough of a fan as to take Josh Freeman as my QB.
Triple cause only one wont do.

Regarding your question Dex both both the Rivers & MJD trades ended up lopsided, and Yoda ended up with both of them when it was all said and done. I was shocked Schaub didnt deliver this year, and truly believed he'd do better than Rivers. My motivation was I had Gates and wanted a combo, and boy did I get one.

The most notorious trade was the one that ended up never happening Brady/Turner for Rodgers/Jerome Harrison. What an epic drama that ended up being lol. Turners been disappointing but Harrison was SO bad even Caddy outscored him.

I guess my vote would be Rivers for Schaub, but feel it shouldnt be the trade of the year since Yoda ended back up with Rivers anyway. Kinda takes the balls out of the trade yknow.

Nah, I think we can judge the trade by itself. I really went back and forth on the Rivers/Schaub deal, but there literally was not a single major site that didn't have Schaub ahead of him. Nobody saw this coming. Nobody Knows Anything. I think you have to say that's probably the best deal, given that Rivers is #1 at the position and some people have actually dropped Schaub.

The MJD/Moss deal has turned out well, but largely in ways that neither of us foresaw. The Moss stuff is just too insane to have even considered. That said, MJD hasn't been awesome, he's just been better, and I think Moss still has start-worthy value going forward, so methinks it'll look less lopsided in a few more weeks.

The others are all injury-based, which probably shouldn't count, IE: Kenny Britt getting hurt after I traded him, or Tony Romo getting hurt after I traded for him. Whatchagonnado? Whine, if you're like me. Damn you, Tony Romo's collarbone! If you'd stayed unbroken I'd still have Bradshaw and I'd be playing Ray Rice in my friggin' flex spot! Gah. I'm gonna go kick something.

Well that depends how Rivers does for Yoda down the stretch Tongs.

As to Harrison..hey Nobody saw Bronco's castoff peyton hillis comin. I mean when a guy is deemed below corel buckhalter on the depth chart by an organization well known for developing RB's..but hey just goes to show NFL thinktanks know as much as us..which is to say..not as much as we'd like..hehe

its a lil premature i guess to speculate bout these sorts of things..but if Matthews is put on the shelf for the season.. the Freakshow trade for Rodgers matthews and tolbert may well be a contender.

yeah yoda..nobody can predict injuries or trades or dropped to waivers.

I wasnt posing the Q..who bamboozled who, because i dont think that ever happened.

schaub rivers may well have been even steven at the time. But its clear to say now, that Tongs "won" that exchange.

hindsight is always 20/20.

its like ..did i regret trading away Rodgers? well while Vick and Desean were out...yeah..haha...but at the same time was happy to be rid of must start Matthews, which tempered by disapointment somewhat.

Dex I want to buy Ryan Matthews, I was expecting a counter offer after my earlier proposal because it was obviously a low ball. You interested in letting him go?
Its difficult to assess what Matthews value is in the marketplace right now.

I'm interested in hearing all reasonable offers Fiscal.

I think if i trade matthews, it will be as part of a package deal.
You and your package deals. I am not doing one of these 4 or 5 player exchanges. What are you looking for?
I need a WR that I'm comfortable playing each week regardless of matchup.

Theres just no way to get good value back for him with his status.

A healthy Ryan Matthews trade for Desean Jackson might work.

With AZ on the sked this week whoever is named the starter for the Chargers will be huuge.

hows about this..

(yeah its a package)

Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Matthews, Darren Sproles and Brian Hartline
for
Michael Vick, Desean Jackson and Cinci D
I countered

I give Vick, Jackson, and Cinci for Rodgers, Matthews, and Tolbert.

Your trade would've forced me to drop someone, and that would be between Eddie Royal and Hartline. I like Royal a bit more, so I dropped Hartline and Sproles from the trade and added Tolbert for my handcuff.

Interested?
We have an Accord. matey
dang near an exact year ago to the date. Kinda funny that trade involved Ryan Matthews as well.

good times.