Freedonia's Going to War

Tools    

nothing's wrong with defending themselves. but the fact exists that palestinians have as much of a right to a legitimate state as israelis, and that they have been deprived of such, in large part by israel.
personally i lay the blame for the rapid decay and devolution of the peace process about 70-80 percent on ariel sharon and his allies. the man knew exactly what he was doing when he visited the temple mount in september 2000, the man has shown repeated acts of aggression (not just defence) in his compulsive and staunch support of demolishing palestinian homes to build israeli settlements (if that isnt an act of aggression, what is?), the man is a pig, his policies detrimental to achieving any peace in the region, and the us is his single biggest supporter, unconditionally!
this is the height of foolishness, just as it would be the height of foolishness to suddenly withdraw our support for israel and give it unconditionally to the palestinians. i'm not in favor of the destruction of israel, i'm in favor of a reasonable compromise between the two sides, which the us has so far done absolutely nothing to facilitate. i think it's clear we want to keep the status quo in the region, which i find unacceptable.

Originally posted by linespalsy
by the way monkey punch, i think i'll add my voice to those that have said you're overreacting if you want to leave based on the faulty reasoning that 'slayton has been to war and you havent, so you have no right to have an opinion on the topic and are pathetic. the only thing that's true in that last sentence is that "slayton has been to war and you havent", the rest is utter nonsense.
You know what LP, I said I saw first hand what Hussein has done to his own people. I DID NOT say, that MB is pathetic and has nothing relevant to say. And honestly, I don't think anything I said was nonsense, nor what you or MB said. It's just our opinions that we're entitled too.

MB, I was not trying to make you feel bad. This is a subject that is important to me. When I saw your bashing of this particular policy, I wanted to make sure you had more facts to base your judgements on.

Come on people, I'm the one that's supposed to be too touchy!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i know you didnt try to disenfranchise mp of his opinions, slayton, all i meant by that post was that he took you the wrong way and overreacted, that his reasoning didnt add up...
now here's an inclusive bunch of smileys for you suckers:

No problemo man. Sometimes it's hard to understand what someone means without hearing the tone of their voice.

So BUGGER OFF!!! <---- see what I mean?

Milk!
You've got to drink...

Milk!
Get in to...

Milk!
It's like liquid silk!

Da na na na na na nuh!

MILK!

I take offence to that bullsh!t! SB, you really have some nerve...Ima gointa get my b!tch outta da' kichen an get my gunn outta da' closet...Ima cumma hunnin fur yoo...dammittohell!!!

For a moment a thought you were serious. Then I reasoned that my post didn't contain anything offensive, especially not in regards to the thread at hand. While I knew deep down that it was indeed, pointless in nature, your response still manged to initially make me sigh audibly. Hail to the chief of usually unfunny comic relief!