Just plain damned freaky...

Tools    

Look what happens when a President gets elected in a year with a "0" at the end.

1840: William Henry Harrison (died in office)
1860: Abraham Lincoln (assassinated)
1880: James A. Garfield (assassinated)
1900: William McKinley (assassinated)
1920: Warren G. Harding (died in office)
1940: Franklin D. Roosevelt (died in office)
1960: John F. Kennedy (assassinated)
1980: Ronald Reagan (survived assassination attempt)
2000: George W. Bush ????????????

And to think that we had two guys fighting it out in the courts to be the one elected in 2000.

Now is part is interesting, I would like someone explain this if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird !!!!!!

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford."
Kennedy was shot in a car named "Lincoln" made by "Ford."

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the "kicker":

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

Creepy, huh?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
That is beyond creepy. But you will never convince me that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy. There's too much evidence to prove he didn't. Oh, he definitely shot at Kennedy, and maybe even hit Gov. Connelly, but no way did he kill the president....
(I studied history in college, and my history Professor was a bit of a Kennedy nut. He gave an amazing lecture on this.)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Now come on. That last "with" was supposed to be "in" and you changed it! Be honest!

for you to know this and whats more share this not happy information with you, you must have TOO much time on your hands, George W will probably get us all killed with his wars and if it isnt going to be him than it will just be someone like Saddam or Osama (if he isnt dead)

Originally posted by firegod
Now come on. That last "with" was supposed to be "in" and you changed it! Be honest!
"I'll never tell...."

Originally posted by Naisy
for you to know this and whats more share this not happy information with you,
Huh?

Originally posted by Naisy
so where did you get this info?
had read it on a few sites actually, but got it in an email today so thought I would share...

didnt mean to get you all upset...

Just found it to be INTERESTING reading.

well.. I'm glad your Australien too.

just kidding.. I am in a great mood.... woohoooooooo.....

No your wrong, im right its Australian! I might not be a smart man but I know what the longer version of Aussie is. I too am in a great mood, it must be something in the air

nooooo
I was right for what I meant... I meant.. ALIEN like not from here.... you know ALIEN

gah, WHY am I the only one who ever GETS my jokes...and worse why am I the ONLY one who ever thinks they are funny.

The first sign of madness is talking to ones self the true sign of madness is when only you think you are funny, Alien??? That still isn’t funny and I get the joke sorry but you lose this time

oh come on... your still mad about the pie arent you.....

GAWD....
you can have that stupid pie..

I've gotten this data several times in email forwards over the last couple of years. I'll say this:

1) The first part does NOT surprise me much...after all, sh*t happens to The President far more often than most folks. I think 1 out of every 6 or 7 U.S. Presidents has either been died in office, or had an attempt on their life while in office. Not good odds.

2) I've heard the second bit (Kennedy/Lincoln) many times...from what I understand, most of it is true, but a few things were actually fibbed.

3) Most of the fowards I've seen do NOT say "in Marilyn Monroe," so I don't think Bunny changed it, necessarily...but someone did at some point. Hey, fine by me...it's slightly more tasteful.

I have a few things to point out.
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected INTO office in 1942. Being elected for 4 terms, it is not at all unusual that one of them had a 0 at the end.
  • Similarly, William McKinley was elected in 1886 and 1900. So ONE of his two elections had a 0 at the end...
  • Again, Ronald Reagan was elected twice, and ONE of them had a 0 at the end. Gee. Go figure... And since it was only an ATTEMPT:
  • Let's point out that there were 10 presidents (as far as we know) that had assasination attempts against them, and only 5 were elected on years that end with a 0.
  • Thomas Jefferson was elected into office in 1800 and didn't die as president.
  • James Monroe was elected his second term in 1820 and didn't die in office.
  • Zachary Taylor died in office and was elected in 1848.

The Lincoln/Kennedy thingy is much weirder than the death in presidential office thingy, but even that is pretty understandable. How many bits of information from how many presidents did they search while finding the Lincoln/Kennedy connection? Is it all that suprising that they were able to find two presidents with that many similarities?

Also, the whole 15 letters thingamabob is kind of bogus. For one thing, most of the people we use 3 names for weren't referred to by their middle name until the media made it so. When you take two people, use 3 of their names and match them up, you are likely to either get the same total amount or the same amount in one of the three types of names. In fact, I'm surprised it was not mentioned that Wilkes and Harvey both have 6 letters or that Kennedy and Lincoln both have 7. My nick has 7 letters. Who knew?

Weird? Maybe a little, but if you sift through all the things that aren't weird in the universe, you will find many things that are. It's just mathematics.

For example; when you cut a piece of string in half, you have two pieces of string. But when you cut a dog in hlaf, you still only have one dog.

What's the deal with that?

Yeah, and what is up with airline food!