Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Alien: Covenant (2017)

I wasn't expecting much and never even watched the trailer or knew who was in it. I was pleasantly surprised and would rank it third in the series behind the first two. There are some great scenes that are scary and/or intense. Solid job by the cast, and while a few effects looked too modern, the visuals were mostly terrific.

A question about Alien Covenant:

WARNING: spoilers below
If the android made the alien, then why were there depictions of aliens on the walls in Prometheus?

If the android made the alien, then why were there depictions of aliens on the walls in Prometheus?
Good question and I have no idea. Fortunately I've never tried making any sense of those movies.

Welcome to the human race...

WARNING: "." spoilers below
The ending of Prometheus indicates that xenomorphs already existed in one form, but Covenant shows that David's experiments were what created the "classic" xenomorph

WARNING: "." spoilers below
The ending of Prometheus indicates that xenomorphs already existed in one form, but Covenant shows that David's experiments were what created the "classic" xenomorph
You like that explanation? I prefer the explanation that it's a plot hole.

Well the whole thing is a bit convoluted. So there were aliens carved on the wall in Prometheus implying they were around for a while. Then one hybrid thing formed at the end of Prometheus. I guess this liquid goes through various stages until it reaches the final alien monster? Then if it already existed why did the android engineer it in Covenant? Was he trying to improve its design?
It just seems like a really weak plot.

Welcome to the human race...
Convoluted and weak, perhaps, but it makes narrative sense (you definitely seem to pick up on David's motivation just fine).

The truth is in here
I disagree with the poster who said Alien didn't need any sequels. The first is the best one of course, but Aliens is still a great sequel. Alien 3 is flawed but interesting. I think it's when Alien: Ressurection arrived that the series really started to go downhill. Alien: Covenant is my least favorite excluding the Alien Vs. Predator movies.

The Theory of Everything (2014)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I've red somewhere that Ripley was a man in the first script. But I wouldn't say Ripley, thanks to Weaver, is androgynous. Tilda is magnetic. She is like a vampire. I couldn't stop looking in her eyes Dreamy to the role in Only lovers left alive.
absolutely LOVE that movie!!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Professional (1997)

I never realised just how beautifully composed this movie is.

It really is. A top ten favorite of mine

Question: which version did you see, American or European? The Euro is longer with additional scenes showing more training for Matilda actually going out on hits with Leon and a more intimate conversation over dinner between them about them.