Favorite dark, twisted, and quirky movies

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Maybe this says something about me, but in high school I knew some people who were just as weird as Harold.

Oh, I almost forgot Chopper! Great movie! Possibly Eric Bana's best performance.
Nice choice, if you haven't seen it for some strange reason then Bronson is one to see, Tom Hardy is phenomenal in it:

After this and the wonderful Drive, I can't wait to see what Nicolas Winding Refn does with Logan's Run! - Well I heard he was directing this.

I've seen it; I'm playing up my dislike for effect. I don't think it's a bad movie, though I sure don't love it. Part of my reaction is innate, in that I feel like any movie quirky enough is bound to attract die hard fans simply by virtue of it being quirky, though I wouldn't pretend to know if that describes any specific fan of the flick
And that's what you call actual good banter. As for Harold and Maude - it was shoved on the television for me when I was about ten, I had no idea what I was watching then but loved it ever since. My Mum was a big fan of Ruth Gordon at the time but she didn't let me watch Rosemary's Baby at the same age, oh no.

Nice choice, if you haven't seen it for some strange reason then Bronson is one to see, Tom Hardy is phenomenal in it:

After this and the wonderful Drive, I can't wait to see what Nicolas Winding Refn does with Logan's Run! - Well I heard he was directing this.
Chopper made you think of Bronson. Good. What similiar prison movie comes to mind. - Killer: A Journal Of Murder, about Carl Penzram, most likely one of the first serial killers of the twentieth cenutry. The book was better, not to take anything away from James Woods' wonderfull performance. Of, course, he looked nothing like him. Panzram in real life bears an uncanny resemblemce to someone on this forum.

Of course it would have to be Donnie Darko!

Of course it would have to be Donnie Darko!
I remember starting to watch this movie. I know it has somewhat of a cult following. I just couldn't get into it. That's why it's not allready on my list.

I used to be a big fan of DD, but I lost some of my excitement for it after seeing that heavy-handed pretentious "director's cut" that was supposed to explain everything but only succeeded in robbing the film of its mystique.

I strongly recommend anyone interested to NOT watch the director's cut first, or it will likely ruin an otherwise very cool creepy experience.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Saw the superior original release cut first of Donnie Darko and loved it ever since, just don't go down the sequel route, rubbish and pointless.