Good fantasy movies

Tools    

I quite enjoyed the new one notwithstanding – Rachel Nichols certainly helped . And a lot more than I did the remake of Clash of the Titans.
Wow, someone really liked that? I really hate how Paradox handles the Howard rights they own. Both Conan and Solomon Kane were just random bad fantasy scripts with some familiar names attached - they had absolutely nothing to do with Howard's works (not that older Conan was too faithful either but at least it had some scenes from different stories).

Account terminated on request
See Glove and Boots on youtube, if you haven't yet.

For instance (I can't post links), so google "glove and boots Shakespeare" (without quotes).

Phenomenal talents, these guys.

Harry potter

The 80's were the golden age of this type. A few of these no doubt have been mentioned in this thread but here are a few off the top of my head from the 80's...

Red Sonja
LadyHawke
Krull
Legend
Conan the Barbarian
Neverending Story
Princess Bride
Labrynth
Dark Crystal (Netflix has now got a series to expand on this also)
Time Bandits
Excalibur
Erik the Viking
Sword and the Sorcerer
Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Willow
The Secret of NIMH
Sword of the Valient
Black Cauldron
Masters of the Universe

The trick is not minding
Avoid Masters if the universe.

Unpopular opinion: I didn’t enjoy The Never Ending Story and Legend is incredibly overrated. The latter sparked an intense debate with my ex who swore by that film. She couldn’t believe I didn’t like it. 🤷

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Avoid Masters if the universe.

Unpopular opinion: I didn’t enjoy The Never Ending Story and Legend is incredibly overrated. The latter sparked an intense debate with my ex who swore by that film. She couldn’t believe I didn’t like it. 🤷

I feel as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced ...as my horse, my lifelong companion and best friend just drowned in a lonely swamp of sadness ...while the last unicorn in all the world was captured, forced to watch, and was then beheaded for his horn by a goblin giving very strange and confusing feelings to a young boy of the late 80s through adulthood until just now understanding why, learning Blix was actually played by the female actress, Alice Playten, during a Google search to confirm a spelling.

YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!
*punts Baxter*

Start with Terry Gilliam's fantasy:

Time Bandits (1981)
Brazil (1985)
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
and
The Imginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)

Then, I would go to this list:

Wizards (1977)
The Fall (2006)
Highlander (1986)
The Pirates of The Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
and
The Mummy (1999)

Riddick

Time Bandits (1981)
Brazil (1985)
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
and
The Imginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)

No one mentioned Gaiman's "Mirrormask".. or "Coraline"

My daughter liked "Gormenghast" when she was younger. Its a mini-series but fits the allotted time for a long movie.