Inside Out - For Kids or Adults

→ in
Tools    

Hi all. Having a friendly debate about this movie. He feels it's a step aways from the Pixar kid focused films and more for adults. I tend to agree but also think that Pixar knows it's audience has grown up with their films. I think there is I lot for young an old here. I was moved by it but also laughed enjoyed the characters. Any thoughts?

Master of My Domain
Both. For kids it'll be a magical adventure inside a place they've always been curious of, full of bright colors, humorous characters and highly up-beat situations. For adults it'll remember them of their own childhood, some adult jokes really hit the mark, so that's a bonus, and the twist at the end, I assure you, will pretty much make anyone teary-eyed.

I guess it's "for kids" in the sense that kids are the target audience, but like pretty much every Pixar film it's capable of being enjoyed no matter what your age is.

I found a lot of good things for kids but I was really taken in by the grown up stuff. Surprising.

I would say it definitely leans towards older kids more than most Pixar movies do. It doesn't have the same sing songy charm that entrance kids younger than 7 or so.

Like every Pixar movie, it's a kids movie that can be enjoyed by adults. I'd say for the opposite end of the spectrum it would be the Incredibles or Fantastic Mr Fox: mostly adult orientated but can still be enjoyed by kids.