The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Now I don't know what to do, watch it or leave my list at 99%?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Watch Wait Until Dark (1967) instead and complete your "AFI's 100 Years... 100 Thrills" list. If you don't, you're missing a great movie.

68 huh?

I watched this yesterday. It sucked.
Did you watch the first film of the duology or not?

Anyway, it's for experienced anime fans, not for just random people to watch, who cannot understand it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Did you watch the first film of the duology or not?

Anyway, it's for experienced anime fans, not for just random people to watch, who cannot understand it.
Not much to understand in a weak pointless film.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The answer is clearly to not waste your time (just check it off and don't watch, no one will know).

I understood it just fine. It still sucked.

Harry Lime is smarter than the others (but he also suffers from anime-phobia: phobia of anime-like tropes). Also watching the second movie of the duology alone is ludicrous, one should watch the first 8 episodes of the TV series before watching the film.

Watch Wait Until Dark (1967) instead and complete your "AFI's 100 Years... 100 Thrills" list. If you don't, you're missing a great movie.
I have it on a harddrive somewhere and will watch it sooner or later. So many movies to see. We can't all be mark f watching Olympia five times!

You wish!

Harry Lime is smarter than everyone
I know, eh?

Harry Lime is smarter than the others (but he also suffers from anime-phobia: phobia of anime-like tropes). Also watching the second movie of the duology alone is ludicrous, one should watch the first 8 episodes of the TV series before watching the film.
There's no need to watch the first "movie" or the first eight episodes. I understood what was happening without it. There are plenty of contextual clues (and flat out telling of the backstory) within Eternal for anybody to understand it. I'm not an idiot, despite what you seem to think. It's not a question of comprehension. It's a question of my aversion to heavy fantasy. It's a question of my aversion to shrill voices. And it's a question of my aversion to little girls in short skirts.

And I love how you continue to treat anime like it's a genre while still insisting that it isn't one.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Not sure if serious, or just trying to get Guap mad.
I'm serious.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I still can't understand why Madoka doesn't have nipples on her breasts! Like, seriously! xD
It's a question of my aversion to heavy fantasy. It's a question of my aversion to shrill voices. And it's a question of my aversion toabout:blank little girls in short skirts..
You don't like these!? Well, you're a woman and that's one possible explanation. Another one is you're normal.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

There's no need to watch the first "movie" or the first eight episodes. I understood what was happening without it. There are plenty of contextual clues (and flat out telling of the backstory) within Eternal for anybody to understand it. I'm not an idiot, despite what you seem to think. It's not a question of comprehension. It's a question of my aversion to heavy fantasy. It's a question of my aversion to shrill voices. And it's a question of my aversion to little girls in short skirts.
Kind of, but like in any story first parts are not there just to understand the events at the second ones; they are there to put a right emphasis or mood that is followed later. Seeing how Madoka is a linear story split in two parts I'd say that you need to watch both, if not to understand, at least to extract what this story tries to be.

And I love how you continue to treat anime like it's a genre while still insisting that it isn't one.
This is true, though.

And anyway, what's the fuss with this Madoka thing? I don't see anybody complain about the absurdly low position of It's such a beautiful day... now, that is a mess.