Actors that are still yet to receive the recognition they deserve

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
He’ll always be “Deadpool stunt double from X-Men Origins: Wolverine” to me.

For you Saunch

Aaron Taylor Johnson has been overshadowed by his personal life but I think he’s a good actor. Hugh Grant is getting some recognition as a Cary Grant type of actor rather than just trashy romcoms.

Scarlett Johansson has always been overshadowed by her beauty but I really rate her as an actress. She’s so good in Lost in Translation, particularly considering how young she was.

This might just do nobody any good.
Aaron Taylor Johnson is overshadowed by his terrible performance in Age of Ultron.

Yea, I would agree Nightcrawler is his best performance yet too. He was also very good in Nocturnal Animals.

Count me in regarding Nightcrawler...I love all his movies, but that was definitely his best performance.

The truth is in here
Aaron Taylor Johnson is overshadowed by his terrible performance in Age of Ultron.
I wouldn't say so. Many people have respect for his performance in the Kick-Ass movie (and was one of the better things about Kick-Ass 2).

I wouldn't say so. Many people have respect for his performance in the Kick-Ass movie (and was one of the better things about Kick-Ass 2).

I even liked him when he played a young Charlie Chaplin in Shanghai Knights, having some comic chemistry with Owen Wilson

Max Zhang recently appeared in Pacific Rim: Uprising as Marshal Quan and he will appear in the upcoming Escape Plan 3 in another supporting role probably. However, in China, he is a well-known action star. He has some major action films there coming out and should be one of those faces who should get some recognition. He will face Anderson Silva in The Invincible Dragon and Dave Bautista in Master Z: Ip Man Legacy, a spinoff of Ip Man 3.

Iko Uwais (right) is another awesome Asian talent who hasn't had much of a streak in Hollywood so far. The Raid 1 & 2 is where he totally is unleashed. But he's made only cameos in Man of Tai Chi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens not to mention Beyond Skyline. I've been hearing the typical issue with shooting A-list fight scenes (shaky cam, close ups, and quick cuts) pretty much ruined his fight scenes for the recently released Mile 22.

ATJ feels a lot like another Charlie Hunnam to me.

Now, someone like Jack O’Connell, who’s flirted with bigger projects before and recently led the better-than-initially-received Netflix show Godless, is more what I’m thinking of in regards to next-big-thing-material-but-needs-the-exposure types.

Scarlett Johansson has always been overshadowed by her beauty but I really rate her as an actress. She’s so good in Lost in Translation, particularly considering how young she was.
I rate her as well, especially in Under the Skin.

But it's hardly like she hasn't received recognition...highest paid actress in Hollywood right now.
Yeah but recognition for what? We appreciate you Scarlett .

But it's hardly like she hasn't received recognition...highest paid actress in Hollywood right now.
Not recognition in in the sense that people admire her acting ability. Even if she was a mediocre actress, people would still cast her and watch her because of her looks but I don’t think people respect her.

Aaron Taylor Johnson can’t overcome weak material or a miscasting (like Anna Karenina) but he was very good in Nowhere Boy and Nocturnal Animals.

Make a better place
Patrick Wilson

This guy's acting abilities are incredible he is definitely one of the best in his generation, he needs to get complicated lead roles in decent movies where he can show his abilities.

Ethan Hawke

Ethan on the other hand has these roles, I really admire the selection of his roles I just think he deserves much more recognition

First Reformed (which I haven't seen yet) has plenty of people reassessing their views on Hawke. He's certainly flown under the radar for a while now. I think I should have this coming, being a huge fan of Boyhood, but he's molded into a kind of millennial ideal for a dad, if anyone else here can make sense of that.

He did a career retrospective video that's on YouTube (sorry I can't link it right now) where he came off as a very down to earth and persistently positive and enthusiastic guy. I liked how proud he sounded when talking about his movie Regression (I think that's the one) and his admiration of an actress' performances in that. I'll be sure to check it out.