A Million Little Things

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Ep 5 had its moments...it was a little convenient the way Maggie was able to keep her radio job, but I was surprised that they have her hooking up with this athlete guy, I was looking forward to a slow burn relationship with Mark Derwin's character. I'm glad Peter finally suffered some real consequences for what he did to Sophie...I was cheering when his wife walked out on him. BTW, I LOVED the way they filmed the way Gary and Christopher each confessed what they did...with Christopher's audio playing over the video of Gary confessing to Sophie. I guess I understand Sophie's anger, but Gary's heart was in the right place. He did a very wrong thing for the right reason. Shanese has got Katherine's head all messed up and even though I think she might be feeling something for Shanese, Katherine's still going to fight it with very fiber of her being. That was very sweet what Eddie did...he's a much better person than I. And I wonder why they felt Gina had to be out of town while Rome gets into trouble with Paragon Plus?

If I remember correctly, Sophie had her podcast taken down, and now that Peter's wife walked out, it looks like Peter probably won't tell the police about Gary and Christopher. But it looks like the police already know who did it, and they're just trying to prove it, so Gary and Christopher might still be in a lot of trouble.

I'm glad that people will get to see Rome's movie, but I find it hard to believe that they won't find out about it. Hopefully it will get enough praise before that happens, and Rome will somehow get a win out of this whole mess.

I kind of like this new guy that Maggie was flirting with. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going for them.

I am not happy that ep 6 had another six month time jump. I'm pretty sure I know why they did it and IMO that's just lazy writing. I think it was done to save Gary from his legal issues with peter. Yes, Peter agreed not to say anything about what happened, but that shouldn't have halted the police investigation into what happened and realistically, Gary or Christopher would have been caught and Gary should have been up to his neck in legal issues, but the writers have just decided to gloss over it. Yes, Peter's wife waked out on him, but Gary shouldn't just walk away from he did. The last time they jumped six months was so we wouldn't have to watch Eddie leave the hospital and learn how to live in a wheelchair, which could have made for some compelling drama, but they decided to gloss over that too. When writers jump ahead six months to backtrack one storyline, it has funny effects on other storylines like...it took six months for Paragon Plus to figure out what Rome was doing? Maggie's radio show is now so hot she has a stalker? I also don't believe Camden, the guy is definitely hiding something. Gina's been on the same movie set for six months and Darcy is at least five months pregnant? Seriously? We're just supposed go with all of this? Nice to see Mario Van Peebles as Gina's dad. Never thought I'd see him playing someone's dad. The years have been very kind to him.

Ep 7 was pretty solid...I thought Eddie's meet cute with Anna was a little contrived at first because when the camera first hit her, I had forgotten who Anna was. I'm glad Anna and Sophie had a chance to talk and I also liked that Eddie knew that starting a relationship with Anna would be awkward for Sophie. I loved when Gary finished putting the lock on Maggie's door and just as he was leaving, she asked him to stay, it was a throwaway moment but it really resonated with me. I am also LOVING this whole Katherine exploring her sexuality story and I really like that none of the women she's encountered up to this point have been putting real pressure on her. I'm glad Gina made up with her dad and went back home to be with her husband, who really needs her right now. Now that we've met both of Gina's parents, a lot of insight into Gina has been provided.

Just finished ep 8. Apparently, that six month time jump was not only used to excuse Gary's crime, but to rip Rome and Gina apart, though I'm not sure why. From their opening scene in bed, I could feel Rome pushing Gina away and I don't believe for a minute that his depression is back. It's time for Sophie to let Gary off the hook. I hate that Maggie had to take that phone call on the air and I understand that Maggie really wanted to finish the call, but I understand why her boss cut the call and told her to take the rest of the week off. On the other hand, Gary and Maggie driving to New York to confront this woman...nothing good can come of this. The whole Liam thing was a waste of screentime and Stephen is a jerk.

Loved everything that happened between Eddie and Rome in ep 8. I guess I was wrong about Rome's depression. Even though it seemed to be about Eddie bringing Rome out of his depression, but it seemed just as beneficial for Eddie, as he might be on the road to walking again. I knew they would not keep Eddie paralyzed forever. Loved that moment when he jumped in the pool...beautifully shot. I'm also loving Grace's continued exploration of sexuality I think it's very healthy for her but really don't see this thing with the tattoo artist going anywhere mainly because right now I think she's terrified about Theo finding out. I'm glad Gina worked things out with the ex-con. I really liked the friendship that was developing between them and look forward to seeing it repaired.

Had a little trouble buying Rome's deep plummet into depression in ep 9 after the joy he went through with Eddie in ep 8. Glad Terrell's back and his scene with Rome. There was some strong work by Grace Park as her new girlfriend dropped a major bombshell. Once again, the show is overprotective of Gary as Anna lets him off the hook, but then she turns around and gets mad at Eddie? I did love the reminder of Gary's bout with breast cancer. James Roday Rodriguez as something we've been seeing building over the last few episodes finally happened. Also LOVED Gina and Claudia's dresses.

I hope they're not turning Cam into a psycho because Gary and Maggie finally got back together; He actually asked Gary for his help to get Maggie back? I hate the tension Gina's father is bringing to her family, but love Mario Van Peebles in the role; Felt bad but not surprised that Daniel's boyfriend has moved on. Daniel's been in Paris for months, what did he expect? Gina's dad lending her money to start another business has disaster written all over it. We got a hint a couple of episodes ago that Eddie might walk again and I hate that it hasn't been addressed again or that it has been forgotten. And Theo's relationship with his mother is beginning to border on obsession. this kid is just a little too tight with his mother.. And Sophie needs to get over herself.

Ep 11 was excellent...I felt bad for Gary taking all that abuse from Daniel. Gary may have gone about protecting Daniel incorrectly, but everything he did was out of love for Daniel, and I'm not completely convinced that Gary wasn't right. Yes, Milo told Daniel that he overheard what Gary said, but I wouldn't put it past Milo to use what Gary said as an excuse to continue cheating on Daniel. Nice to see things working out between Gina and her dad, but it's only the beginning. Christina Moses and Mario Van Peebles are working so wonderfully together. Everything that happened with Maggie was painted in interesting shades of gray. I have to wonder of the invisible boss bought Maggie that car to keep her in line rather than as congratulations. I did feel bad for Jane when she got fired but she handled it with class. Little disappointed that Mark Derwin's character whisked her away because I thought she was going to be a potential love interest for Maggie. LOVED that scene where Katherine encouraged Eddie to keep his date with Anna. The only thing that didn't work for me was Rome's melodramatic return to his high school...a little for the top for my tastes.

Interesting that Maggie is talking to a doctor about having a baby. Did I miss her talking to Gary about whether or not he wanted a baby? Why would she not talk to Gary first? Daniel giving Gary and Maggie relationship advice? Seriously? Rome's crusade seemed a little corny initially, but this might be just the thing to lift him out of his depression. Did Gina really think that her venture with her dad would bring her parents back together? Though I liked the fact that the breakup was her fault and not his. Though this story definitely went a direction I didn't see ocming. Does this guy not remember what happened with Rome or does he think he didn't do anything wrong? Good to see Keith Robinson as Rome's old classmate...haven't seen him in anything since Dreamgirls. Is it strange that Theo needed a high school reunion explained to him? Really liked the actress playing Katherine's mother. I felt bad for Eddie during his analogy-filled dysfunction talk with Gary. OK, and I'm totally ready for the hottest triangle on the way with Katherine, Greta, and Randy. Katherine and trophy case...sure didn't see that coming. My heart sank when I found out why Danny didn't want to go to the pool party...I've never been comfortable with the way I look shirtless either. And by the way, I'm still not convinced that Danny's boyfriend is not cheating on him. Will Gary and Maggie ever catch a break?

I was very impressed that Gary's breast cancer was revisited for the first time since season one. I liked that a brought an olive branch between Gary and Sophie. It's time for her character to be softened. I'm glad that stuff with Gina's parents was resolved because it was kind of silly. Love where Katherine and Eddie are right now and I understand her concern for Eddie being around someone who is drinking so heavily, though the reveal of Anna being a heavy drinker might have been a result of her feeling that Eddie is still in love with Katherine. Very pleased to seelts everyone acting like adults when Katherine arrived with Greta. Loved what Gary said to Rome when they were hugging.

Ep 14 blew me away with the reveal that Peter DuBois was dead. Since the detective made a beeline to Gary's door to find out if he did it, my first instinct was that Anna did it, but when Eddie arrived at her door and the camera followed her outside to empty her trash, it seemed like that's what they want us to think, so I'm not sure now. This Gary and Maggie having a baby thing is going way too smoothly, they seem to be setting us up for a real tragedy that will send Maggie completely over the edge. Tyrell doesn't get into USC, but he does get into Yale? Seriously? I'm glad that Rome accepted that teaching position because his trying to be a filmmaker has brought him nothing but heartache and was probably major contributor to his depression. The appearance of Greta's ex was well-executed, causing just enough of a hiccup in her relationship with Katherine. Very pleased to see the way Katherine handled it, though Theo's instant acceptance of Greta is a little hard to swallow. I'm also finding that i really don't care about Gina and her food truck or Sophie and Danny fiddling around the house without Delilah. Those kids need to go to Paris and be with their mother or Delilah needs to return to Boston..

Ep 15 had a lot of soap opera-ish writing in it and it didn't always have the effect it was supposed to. Rome's excursion into To Sir with Love territory was a little schmaltzy, but it was almost saved by the reveal that that student was transgendered, which I knew the first time she spoke to Rome in class...her voice was way too low for her to be a female. It will be interesting to see where this goes because this seems like real foreign territory for Rome, though I find it hard to believe that Rome didn't suspect and how did she get Roman's email address? The story of Greta's bipolar played out in a balanced manner and I'm glad that she, Katherine, and Theo sat down together to talk about it. On the other hand, this show has always made a big deal out of how smart Theo is supposed to be and it was a little hard to believe that he knew NOTHING about bipolar disorder. Everything with Gary and Sophie in the car was kind of silly and the whole thing with Val and her daughter hooking up with Tyrell was a little contrived. I see now why they had been setting up Anna as this heavy drinker so that they could create an alibi for her when Peter died, but I'm still not completely convinced that she is innocent.

Ep 16 started out with what I've been seeing coming for months...a bump in the Gary and Maggie make a baby story. Anna's story is already upsetting me...why is it TV characters can admit to having a drinking problem, but they always think there's some other answer than AA? Madison's idea of revealing herself on picture day has disaster all over it. Shaneice's reappearance in Katherine's life seemed a little convenient. Nice to see Maggie stand up to her mother, that looked like the first time she has actually done that. I thnk Rome calling Maggie about Madison was a HUGE mistake, well intentioned, but huge nonetheless. Can't believe Theo outed Katharine to Shaneice. Beautiful plot twist when they made us think Anna was going to an AA meeting and she walked into Sophie's meeting instead. And what's going on with that girl stalking Anna? Good show.

That opening scene between Katherine and Greta was brilliant...nicely balanced with awkward mistakes coming from both sides. OK, was it just me or was Gina coming off a little like Rainbow on Black-ish in that first scene of hers? There's something really creepy about the way Maggie's mother is trying to be in the center of Maggie's life all of a sudden. Her mother is trying to support Maggie, but what she's doing is not working. What was Gary's puking all about? That was so weird. As I watched Sheneise trying to get Katherine to Miami, I couldn't help thinking Katherine has more chemistry with Greta. I wish they could have found a different route for Rome to have Madison's back with his parents than Rome's past, just came off as WAY too convenient. Clark apologizing to Rome right up front was a movie I didn't see coming, nicely played. Don't understand why a hotel with a wheelchair ramp would only have one room for wheelchair guests. i thought Kai's story of what happened between her and Peter was way more damaging that what happened between him and Sophie; hoping this will provide Sophie with some perspective. Please let this not be the end of Katherine and Greta. Eleven eggs and only one embryo? I knew this whole Maggie baby thing was going too smoothly. Eddie and Anna looking so happy in the final scene has more convinced than ever that she killed Peter. Good episode.

Gary's backpain was a brilliant alleged red herring to the end of the show that I never saw coming; Theo knows what the word "platonic" means but he doesn't know what "bipolar" is?

Those opening scenes of Gary's backpain were a brilliant precursor to the end of the show that I didn't see coming at all; It's time for Sophie to put Peter in the rear view mirror and move on with her life, it's getting really tiresome. Gary and the tattoo guy were hysterical. The ego on Tyrell to think that Rome and Gina will fall apart if he goes to Yale. This kid needs to seriously get over himself. The Katherine/Greta kiss and make up scene was lovely. The reveal of how Peter died never occurred to me, but I liked learning exactly what happened and the consequences thereof. Felt really bad for Eddie though.

Nice to see Paul Rodriguez back as Gary's dad on the final season opener. Watching Gary and his dad together again was really sweet. Eddie showing up with the extra gravy was the perfect button to that scene. LOVE Katherine's haircut. Gary's dad was gay? "If Ed's love life has taught us anything, you don't want witnesses." Wow, the actor playing Daniel got tall during the hiatus. Are we ever going to see Delilah again? OK, Rome's dad is kind of a dick, but what's going on between his dad and Florence isn't really any of Rome's business. I don't know why, but I'm having a hard time buying that middle-aged to elderly black women are into the Matrix franchise. Daniel making Gary shoplift was kind of silly. Hate that Rome is in denial about what's happening to his father. Florene's confession to Rome was a heartbreaker. Gina and Sophie packing Tyrell's care package was kind of boring...they couldn't think of anything better to do with these two? Loved that John was mentioned twice in this episode. Gary making these tapes for his unborn child reminded me of Michael Keaton in My Life. Nice to see David Marshall Grant back in front of the camera for a change. Didn't really get the connection between Gene and Gary's dad, but I really enjoyed that scene nevertheless. James Roday Rodriguez played the hell out of that scene. The final scene between Rome and his dad was lovely. Thought Anna was moving in with Eddie, but I'm glad I was wrong. It was so nice that everybody gathered with Gary and Maggie to hear his test results. I love that Gary wants to name his son Maverick.

The opening scene of Rome and his dad was a riot. This whole thing of Eddie, Katherine, and Greta trying to be a civilized threesome is never going to work. Gary looks almost as big as Maggie. Completely behind the way Rome is handling his dad. Why is Maggie still trying to work at seven and a half months pregnant? Love David Walton as Maggie's new boss. So is Joseph the harmonica player a heroine addict or does he have HIV? I hope they're not planning a romance here because he's way too old for her. That scene where Greta went to see Eddie didn't play out at all like I expected and I really liked it. Loved that Eddie wants to make sure prospective dates already know he's in a wheelchair. "Everyone on this app is hiding who they really are. That's why they make padded bras." Loved when Gary had to take over for Maggie. Is he going to take over for Maggie when she goes on maternity leave? I'm really hating Rome's father. Laughed out loud when Maggie returned and the next caller wanted to talk to Gary. Joseph actually stole Gina's money? LOVE that this show is addressing the situation of homelessness...so few scripted television shows have addressed this issue. Eddie's blind date started off so well...what a shame. Gary replacing Maggie is going to make her nuts. I take back what I said about hating Rome's dad...I feel bad for him. Loved when Greta kind of blew Katherine off when she was talking to Eddie. Went a total different way with Maggie's replacement than I thought...did not see that comiung.

Rome's dad in his underwear...we didn't need to see that. Theo worried that Katherine got to work safely...what was that about? Loved Gary's Encanto reference. The couple arguing at Gary and Maggie's class was a waste of screentime. i like that Rome and Regina are more worried about the possible home health aide than for Walter. That joke about Gilligan's Island is old as the hills. Why is Gary pushing so hard for Maggie to know this other couple and Maggie is pushing so hard against it. Theo's obsession with this bird is dumb and to reference John at this time seemed simultaneously convenient and inappropriate. Glad that Regina and Sophia updated from bottled water to actual sandwiches. What is it with people thinking the solution to the homeless problem is bottled water?

I must have missed it, but don't know where Gina knows Dustin from. For some body who's supposed to be a stand up, Evan is so not funny. I don't k now why, but it seems very weird that Gary is so apprehensive about a home birth. It was nice to see Katherine back at work with her BFF. Sophie and Rome's dad bonding over old blues records was a little hard to swallow. Loved Liz Vassey as Eddie's psychology teacher. "So there's nothing wrong with you if you want to hold out for unforgettable." Loved the scene between Gary and the doctor. I hope they're not planning to have Dustin come between Gina and Rome. "Yeah, those drapes definitely don't match the carpet." Gary and Maggie's kiss and makeup scene was a little too cutesy. That last scene with Rome and his dad was sweet.