Alien: Covenant footage was screened. Results are in...

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Will this be Prometheus school of stupid as well?

I hope not. I told someone here when I first arrived that I thought Prometheus was a great looking film but everyone was just so freaking dumb! Best thing about it was the honest trailer IMO. Laughed so much at that I cried.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Prometheus and school in the same question? Someone's attended.
Only in Prometheus school of stupid you learn how to run in a straight line when a Space Doughnut is rolling after you.

Or that a random image of a Juggler means Aliens

Or that a super sci.fi machine tagged "for males only" will get your alien baby out... but not your uterus.

Or that a geologist who is responsible for mapping a rather straight forward area gets lost

Or that the most important discovery in the History of Mankind should always be lead by a team of Shaggys and Scoobys

Or that smoking pot inside the space suit is always such a great idea

Or that when you're in an alien environment it's such a great idea to take your Helmet off

Or that when you're in said Alien environment, it's always a good idea to rush in as fast as you can instead of surveying said environment from above

Or that you should always get depressed and drunk because the aliens are dead, instead of being happy you did indeed discovered them [or that there could always be more on the planet, as it is shown later on].

Or that a Mcguffin that dissolves the DNA from lpretty much alive and well creatures into nothingness somewhow also mutates live and well creatures into something else, but only when the script calls for it

Or that if a species has the same exact DNA as you they are aliens

Or that zapping electricity into a dead aliens' head [aka galvanism] is obviously thoroughly scientific and is taught in science class 101

Or that an alien's language from more than 2000 years ago would never change

Or that a biologist who is afraid of dead aliens is so happy to befriend a pretty much alive and clearly aggressive alien snake

Or that if the robot that doesn't follow simple orders should obviously still walk around unchecked

Or that if you so happen to just have had a C-Section you will most likely walk, jump, roll over and climb as a champ

Or that after having said C.Section, no one will even care what the hell that creature is on the other room. Let it be and grow healthy.

Yep, Prometheus School of Stupid right there.

I hope not. I told someone here when I first arrived that I thought Prometheus was a great looking film but everyone was just so freaking dumb! Best thing about it was the honest trailer IMO. Laughed so much at that I cried.
nah, it's like... DEEP and ... stuff...

Master of My Domain
I personally prefer the Prometheus School of Running Away From Things.

And yeah that trailer looks not too promising. It's edited like every single trailer for a sci-fi flick released in the last 5 years.

I personally prefer the Prometheus School of Running Away From Things.

And yeah that trailer looks not too promising. It's edited like every single trailer for a sci-fi flick released in the last 5 years.

I'm way too hyped for this movie, it probably won't live up to how high my hype is, but I don't care I need this movie in my life....right now. Kind of sucks they showed the full Alien already, was hoping they'd just tease the Xeno's some more.

Considering the jokes about Prometheus here, I hope Ridley Scott hasn't....."alien"ated you all.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Looks great but there's an emo teenager in it. I'm already breaking out in hives.

Welcome to the human race...
Looks great but there's an emo teenager in it. I'm already breaking out in hives.
wut

From the latest trailer, the Aliens don't seem terrifying like the original. Can't wait to see this though.

I never saw Prometheus. I quit after 15min and thought maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, but then I never got in the mood for it. Do I have to or can I just skip it?

I never saw Prometheus. I quit after 15min and thought maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, but then I never got in the mood for it. Do I have to or can I just skip it?
well this is a sequel to a prequel of a sequel. You should watch Prometheus even if only to laugh a bit.

Ok, after watching the 2 trailers I'm already laughing.

1 - "human vegetation" - LOL wot?
2 - "who planted it" - oh dear... because the entire vegetation on Earth was "planted by humans".
3 - If you are going to colonize a new planet, you MUST do it with gay people [nothing wrong with gay people, obviously, but they won't contribute to multiply the colony - unless via sperm donation. It's way too cumbersome all the same]
4 - No one seems to rely on their on-board computers to analyze the surface of the planet. "I heard there's a planet we can colonize. Dunno what it looks like at all, let us all just rush in"
5 - Ripleys' mom spotted. Because the entire universe hates a random yet unborn woman.

Visually it looks alright. It also has Aliens. GOOD.

Looks... not bad.

I feel a certain amount of distrust for the prequels.

Ever since I saw Alien in about 1980 I wondered who that big alien strapped into the seat was in the derelict space ship.

In Prometheus, they almost explained it. Big Alien, big chair, straps himself in... I'm thinking aha, so now I know. THEN he gets out of the chair and gets killed in another part of the ship which is completely incongruent with the story line.

I have a feeling this will be another 'predator like' money grab.
One of the best part of the Alien movie was that the SJ was never explained. There's no need to.