Blonde, Brunette, Redhead Trio... Where Does It Come From?

Tools    

Was sitting here watching Bram Stoker's Dracula and old Vlad has a trio of mistresses, one with blonde hair, one brunette and a redhead... and I realised that it's been used numerous times in vampire/Dracula movies and in things themed around Witches like the Eastwick film and the TV series Charmed (I think, never actually watched that show).

Anyone know where the idea of having a blonde, brunette and redhead trio of women comes from?

I checked TV Tropes, and all it says is that it's simply used as a visually appealing trope.

Anyone?

Red hair is supposed to be seen as very powerful and evil. Blonde hair can even be seen as the same way. It's why Sharon Stone is a blonde villainess in Basic Instinct. Brunettes just naturally also fall into line here. But red and blonde... shades of evil. Like those blonde children in Village of the Damned and various other female blonde bombshells.

But, where is the idea behind having all three, in a female trio? Where did it come from?
The same reason they put chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream together in the same container. It's appealing. It feels right.

I think I may have found the answer.

The idea stems from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

The Brides Of Dracula, the 3 undead women he has in his castle are a blonde, and two brunettes... the blonde being the leader, or most powerful...

... but in film adaptions they tend to be blonde, brunette and redhead with the brunette as the leader. And it's all simply for visual aesthetic.

I was hoping for some sort of occultist history to it but it's simply movie-world hokum.

Blond is for good/white magic, brunette is for dark powers and red is for sacrifice. Usually there must be sacrifice. This does not necessarily mean blood but a representation.

I've seen trios like this in many movies of all types. It's always seemed like it's just supposed to be a "one of each" type of thing. I'm sure I've seen many comedies where a playboy type will have a woman of each hair color on his arm, as if it's meant to imply he has all women at his disposal.