Masters Of The Universe Reboot/Remake

Tools    

From Total Film website:

Arnie might be dusting off the battle axe to return to the world of Conan The Barbarian, but he’ll have competition in the glistening-pec stakes, with a reboot of Masters Of The Universe also in the works.

Director Jon Chu gave an interview with MTV recently, explaining where the project is currently at, and how his team is seeking to achieve the right tone.

“We’re working on the script, to make it better and stronger,” says Chu. We’re designing a bunch of stuff. I learned on [G.I. Joe: Retaliation] that to make it right, you have to do a lot of experimenting first, and you have to trust that during the process you’ll find where the tonal line is… It’s so delicate.

Masters Of The Universe means so much to a lot of people out there - and myself as well. I don’t want to disappoint my friends! We all grew up with Masters, played with the toys… I had a Castle Grayskull, played with the toys, I had a Battle Cat.

“We’re just designing now, going too far on some things, pulling back on others… Making it more real, or more fantastic. We’re trying to find that line as we go.”

Sounds like rippling muscle-men are back, in a big way...

Long held up in development hell, it looks like it may finally come to fruition... all I have to say is that it can't be any worse than Lundgren's outing as He-Man... and by the sound of it, Chu is a fan of the original cartoons and toys, so hopefully it'll be loyal too.

Isn't Jon Chu the one who directed the upcoming GI Joe & the Step Up movies?
She also said she is a big fan of the GI Joe cartoons & I see nothing of that sort in the trailer, no doubt it seems like a far better effort than Sommers.

BTW anyone here enjoyed the Lundgren movie besides me?.. I thought it was fun.

The Lundgren film is down there with Superman 4 and Street Fighter... awful...

... looking forward to the new one though if they actually get it going though.

I wouldn't hold your breath for this, even with the recent Conan/Clash of the Titans films. However, should it happen, I really wouldn't expect it to be any good.

Been some developments...

DeVon Franklin, studio exec for Colombia Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer has tweeted concept art for the new movie and has mentioned new Sony Chairman as being the man who will say yes or no to the new film.

The Lundgren film is down there with Superman 4 and Street Fighter... awful...

... looking forward to the new one though if they actually get it going though.
Street Fighter was kind of a "so bad that it's good" thing for me - was so cheesy that you could enjoy watching it just to laugh at it if nothing else

I'm not old, you're just 12.
After seeing the new G.I. Joe film, I have no hope of this being good. I think if someone who was willing to go as over the top as possible with the film were making it this could be fun.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

This has to be made, a re-boot of HE-Man and a Thundercats movie both need to be made.

McG was pencilled in to direct but has left, and rumour is Michael Bay is taking the project on.

There is however a release date........ December 18th, 2019... David S Goyer is writing as we speak, and Sony is the distributor.

Personally, I'm hoping they keep true to the source material with Skeletor being He-Man's Uncle, and Battle Cat is part of the movie.
Be interesting though to see if they have Hordak and/or King Hiss as the main villains, as they were around long before Skeletor.

Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn was perfect casting in my view. Her eyes still scare me whenever she pops up in some old B-film or another. Never seen anybody with eyes that light colour.

Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn was perfect casting in my view. Her eyes still scare me whenever she pops up in some old B-film or another. Never seen anybody with eyes that light colour.
Nice-looking woman Meg Foster – I saw her one day in an episode of The Streets of San Francisco, which incidentally also had James Woods as one of the villains. I remember her from Masters of the Universe but also The Emerald Forest and yeah her eyes are extremely unusual.

Another role she was perfect for in my opinion was that of Hera in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. I saw her in it one day and was impressed that the casting people should think of her.

i remember watching the old movie, such cheesy fun, i hope they make it decent this time around.

Noah Centineo is currently lined up to play He-Man.

Yeah, not exactly my first choice tbh.
Dude looks like a plucked budgie.

Forget He-Man... this is Non-Descript-Gender-Millennial...

... the most powerful Non-Described-Gender-Neutral-Who-Identifies-As-A-Vegan-Chicken-Burger, (on Social Media), in the Woooorld!.