Movie Tab II

Tools    

The End Has Come
Darkness
Meet the Fockers

history *is* moralizing
Waterland, Stephen Gyllenhaal (hei, my fave family!!) 1992, if you pay attention, you can even see Maggie in a tiny tiny scene, else Jeremy's good like almost always (that is Iron, of course), and the flick's touching and well done, with the kinda pace and events-no events one can see in one of my fave movies, The Myth Of Fingerprints.

Finding Neverland (2004) 4/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I loved the song at the beginning, and Stephen Fry presented the Guide wonderfully, i want one of them.
Here and here.

Lets put a smile on that block
Why thankyou. It's all ready on my Crimbo list.

Monster (2003 - Patty Jenkins)
Oh my, saw this for the first time and it blew me away. Theron deserves her Oscar for role as Aileen, i saw the documentary before i saw this and Theron acually becomes Aileen, its terrifying. Such a sad sad film, i realise that this is an entirely sympathetic view of Aileen Wuornos and her murders, but i still found it so horrible to watch, how desperate she became and how there was no place in society for her to get help, or begin to try and lead a normal life. I wonder if it was all for love as the film suggests...

Truly horrible film, but brilliantly done.

Arresting your development
I watched Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life last night for the first time.

I love these crazy films. I feel like I have been missing out now.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Monster (2003 - Patty Jenkins)
Now that's one I want to watch again, astonishing performance from Theron.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Those are on my "see it soon" list. I wanted to see all the other stuff by Terry Gilliam first, and have now.

Tacitus, blib: I'm with you on Theron's performance. She was a horror.

A system of cells interlinked
Blib, I posted some thoughts on Mulholland in the MD thread..Not sure if you noticed...

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Sedai
Blib, I posted some thoughts on Mulholland in the MD thread..Not sure if you noticed...
Sed you are a legend. Im writing my essay on it now, some scary stuff going on!

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Sweet and Lowdown I hate to admit it, but I think this is the first Woody Allen movie I have ever seen. Like I have said before I am new to the world of being a serious movie viewer. 3.5/5

Do you know my poetry?
The Battleship Potemkin, A
1925 - Sergei M. Eisenstein

Begotten, F
1991 - E. Elias Merhige

Born on the Fourth of July, C
1989 - Oliver Stone

Aguirre: The Wrath of God, A
1972 - Werner Herzog

I am having a nervous breakdance
The Godfather (1972 - Coppola)... for the millionth time.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The End Has Come
I just saw The Outsiders again on tv.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
The Assassination of Richard Nixon 4/5 Say what you will about Sean Penn but he will always be one of my favorite actors.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Begotten, F
1991 - E. Elias Merhige
What's the deal with this movie? I've seen the trailer, which looks interesting. I've heard rumors, good and bad. What made you give it an, F?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

history *is* moralizing
Dead Doll, 2004, real weird, and funny stuff in it too, very independent i'd say, but exploitative too, wish it had been Angela Bettis,
Little Richard Story, 2000