Buy this album

Tools    

Simply epic, Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta. Buy it.

Visceral
Ambitious
Circular
Sprawling
Volatile
Cerebral
Spiritual
Intense
Tense
Complex
Organic
Elaborate

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp

Simply epic, Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta. Buy it.

Visceral
Ambitious
Circular
Sprawling
Volatile
Cerebral
Spiritual
Intense
Tense
Complex
Organic
Elaborate
From you?

If I wanted to listen to someone attempting to fellate himself for an hour and a half, I would just as soon go to a Harvard lecture.

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
If I wanted to listen to someone attempting to fellate himself for an hour and a half, I would just as soon go to a Harvard lecture.

Someone Save Us College Kids

Someone Save Us College Kids
Heres my take on Frances the Mute. Basically they sound like an over dramatic Version of Led Zeppelin and all of those tracks total into 5 track with an average rate of 32:min. Dude first of all if I wanted to hear basically the same song over and over again, Id record a tape of the word Chalopa said over and over, cause that would be better then hearing "All night I’ll hunt for you " (over and over monotonously. I think the reason why this one stands out is the fact its not recorded on drugs, well I for one will speak for everyone when I say get back on them. Cause even there worst albums sounded better then frances the mute.

Not fans then?

(I mean buy it from anywhere, not me)
I've never actually heard the album, I just thought what Henry The Kid said was funny.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Oy, I HATED that album. Man, I've never heard anything more pretentious in my entire life. I got it cause I liked the song The Widow. too bad that's the only fully formed song on the entire cd.....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Arresting your development
I'm going to try and listen to this...curiousity is killin' me!

Pyro: You and I are on the same wavelength.

The Mars Volta has been an overwhelming source of inspiration for me with my music. One of the only "mainstream" acts in music today that places more emphasis on musicianship, instrumentals, and creativity rather than trying to sound like every other thing on the scene today.
And, I really want to here that Fantomas cd. That's another project from Mike Patton right?

Heres my pick for an album to buy:
Slightly Stoopid - Closer to the Sun

Wasn't expecting much out of it, was put to shame. This cd is fantastic.

Huzzah, someone of music intelligence!

Yeah, Fantomas is a Patton project. A lot more prog than Tomahawk but a lot more interesting. I think Suspended Animation, their latest offering is also their best. It has a similar format to Fantomas/Amanzo al Mundo (sp?). The albums doesn't have what i'd call songs like in The Director's Cut but worth listening to, along with General Patton vs The X-Executioners if you're a Patton fan.

I'll look into Slightly Stoopid

Huzzah, someone of music intelligence!

Yeah, Fantomas is a Patton project. A lot more prog than Tomahawk but a lot more interesting. I think Suspended Animation, their latest offering is also their best. It has a similar format to Fantomas/Amanzo al Mundo (sp?). The albums doesn't have what i'd call songs like in The Director's Cut but worth listening to, along with General Patton vs The X-Executioners if you're a Patton fan.

I'll look into Slightly Stoopid
Patton's a mad genius, my cousin is absolutely bonkers for Mr. Bungle and I've grown a certain addiction to them as well. "Goodbye Sober Day" is the sonic embodiment of what I hope Burton is doing with his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I own Tomahawk's Mit Gas album and love it to death.

Yeah, I have Mit Gas though not the self titled album. Got all Mr Bungle's proper albums, love the way that each album is a completely different experience, try 'Desert Search for Techno Allah' on Disco Volante, a rather cool yet odd song.

'Desert Search for Techno Allah' on Disco Volante, a rather cool yet odd song.
Coolest song on that CD.

Frances the Mute is definitely one of the best albums I've heard this year. Kind of Pink Floyd on good Latin speed, with a little bit of Zeppelin thrown in for good measure. My friend's mom says it sounds like two radios are playing at once while listening to this album... but I like that hectic sound.

Awesome Album, have to listen to it in its entireity to appreciate it fully!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04

Yeah, I can't stand The Mars Volta. I've listened to a few songs every now and then because I have a friend who's obsessed with them. Still can't stand em.