Movie Tab II

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Angels in America --- won this on ebay, on DVD. freekin awesome! God damn me to high heaven but i love Meryl streep, she does ruleth
I heartily agree on the Streep front. The woman makes me tingle. If your a fan, i love her in Lemony Snickett. Obviosuly she is much much greater in other wonderful films like The Hours and Adaptation but i just lover her as Aunt Josephine

Primer
2004 - Shane Carruth

Absolutely f_cking mind-blowing.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Garrett
Primer
2004 - Shane Carruth

Word to your moms!

I watched eXistenZ today and I really dug it.

Do you know my poetry?
Kagemusha, A+
1980 - Akira Kurosawa

Diner, B+
1982 - Barry Levinson

history *is* moralizing
The Interpreter, 2005,Nicole, always!...

Primer
2004 - Shane Carruth

Blood Simple - Not as good as the first time I saw it, though the scenes which had particularly stuck out in my mind are still as effective as the first viewing. It was actualy funnier than I remember.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Save The Green Planet (2003, Jun-hwan Jeong)

4/5

If you like Gilliam and Jeunet you'll probably like this, the first 30 minutes were kinda 12 Delicatessens Resurrection Bandits but the movie found it's feet soon after. Well worth a watch*...

*though maybe not if you've ever had a bad Vicks VapoRub experience.

You ready? You look ready.
You Only Live Twice- I can never miss a chance to see this Bond girl. Hehe.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Primer
2004 - Shane Carruth

I just watched it and I agree. Although I'm still not exactly sure what happened. Is that normal? Anyway I rate it either 3.5/5 0r 4/5 I can't decide

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I heartily agree on the Streep front. The woman makes me tingle. If your a fan, i love her in Lemony Snickett
Good call. That film has two very underrated performances. One from Streep and one from Carrey.

Daredevil - **/****
Nikita - **
The Final Cut - *
Signs - **
Taking Lives - *

Need to crawl out of the film gutter I've been in the last week or so. See something really amazing.

Mysterious Island
This island is indeed most mysterious. The guys jump in a balloon and sail the skys unti trouble breaks out leaving them "stranded" on a "deserted" island. Some mysterious things happen but they continue living anyways because the captain is serious about living. UH-OH! A giant crab! That's how it comes at you. You should be prepared for more frightening moments after that. They go underwater with lasers too. I don't know why they don't make more story lines like this.

Metropolis
Some hardcore shots mixed with retarded 80's synth music. Why'd they have to add the music? That's what my sad face is all about, the music. My smiley face is all about the shots. Awesome. I can't forget the set design either. Awesome.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by linespalsy
Need to crawl out of the film gutter I've been in the last week or so. See something really amazing.
I was actually really taken with The Final Cut. Once it ended I was only half impressed, but it sat very well with me and for some reason the more I think about it the more I really, really liked it. Same thing happened with Code 46. Though I kind of think when I watch it again I'll think differently.

history *is* moralizing
A Taste For Fear, 1987, well, i'm still looking for only ONE good giallo in the history of cinema and still haven't found any...

Originally Posted by OG-
I was actually really taken with The Final Cut. Once it ended I was only half impressed, but it sat very well with me and for some reason the more I think about it the more I really, really liked it. Same thing happened with Code 46. Though I kind of think when I watch it again I'll think differently.
I rented it by accident; the librarian somehow put it in the case for Picnic at Hanging Rock. It was clumsy and sophomoric science fiction at about the level of Mamoru Oshii. Normally I might try and say "it could have been cool if blah blah blah", but I don't even think this one had an interesting idea behind it. I didn't hate it or anything, there's just nothing about it I want to remember.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by linespalsy
the librarian somehow put it in the case for Picnic at Hanging Rock.
bad luck, that movie's real good.

Changing Lanes
2002 - Roger Michell

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by OG-
I was actually really taken with The Final Cut. Once it ended I was only half impressed, but it sat very well with me and for some reason the more I think about it the more I really, really liked it.
Yes, it was quite a good film.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Getting Any (1995, Takeshi Kitano)

3.5/5

Kitano sends himself (and the rest of post-War Japan) up, with mixed results. Think Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life crossed with Confessions Of A Driving Instructor and you're half way there.