Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Great setting with fascinating animation for me. Real good voice performances and the story itself is really enjoyable for me. Never knew a movie with a talking rat would be a favorite but here we are.

Of the last several, I've only seen A Woman Under the Influence, Fargo, American Hustle, and Ratatouille.

Obviously I love Ratatouille. I liked Fargo okay, but it's not a favorite. I think the only thing I liked about American Hustle was the "science oven" part and I don't recall liking anything about A Woman Under the Influence.

I also really want to rewatch most of the Pixar movies. There are a bunch I have only seen once. I liked Ratatouille a good bit, but don't remember it well at this point. Toy Story and Inside Out are my favorite Pixar, and the ones I have seen multiple times.

Things will definitely be nostalgic for the next two decades

There were a few movies in contention for this spot. Field Of Dreams got a recent rewatch that, I am sure, pushed it over the top. Just forgot how I love every single scene, even the small ones, and it really hits me emotionally.

This pick and my next, I just can't leave them off my 100 lists. They were such a huge part of my childhood, endlessly entertaining, and both are probably big forces in why I love movies so much.

If you don't like my list why don't you make a like a tree, and get out of here.

The next two aren't so nostalgic. This was one of the best anti-death penalty movies I have ever watched. after seeing its part of the Dekalog, I watched the feature version within a week. This movie is really moving. I really love the aesthetic as well.

Similar to Army Of Shadows in that the two or three times I have seen this, I forget the plot pretty quick. What I don't forget is that it is one of the coolest movies I have ever seen I love Caan in it, it's my favorite Mann, and absolutely love the cinematography. Feels very 80's in all the best ways.

Back to the Future is only the second match I believe. I obviously approve.

Haven't seen Karate, Thief, or Killing.

I wouldn't put Field of Dreams on any list such as this but I still like it.

No Karate Kid, BTTF, or Star Wars. What were you even doing with your childhood.
Watching too much Disney, Independence Day, and Happy Gilmore.

Three movies from my childhood and two movies I haven't seen. As I said when raul posted Back to the Future, I liked it a lot when I was a kid and still like it now, but not as much. I loved Karate Kid back in the day, but tried watching it as an adult and couldn't get through it. Kevin Costner was my actor obsession when I was growing up and I watched his movies constantly. Field of Dreams was never a favorite, but I remember enjoying it. I haven't seen it in ages though.

I feel about Dear Zachary like Raul feels about Stalker
Antwone Fisher was a big surprise for me when I watched it in the HoF, a really great story and well made movie. I even showed it to my parents and they liked it too.

Back to the Future, hell yeah! That one would make my Top 100, same with The Karate Kid which I only seen once a few years ago as an adult and loved it!

Thief, or A Short Film About a Killing, I've not seen these, I've not even ever heard of them. You're well watched!

Field of Dreams, I don't like sports but for some reason I like sports movies. One of these days I'll catch it, I'm sure I'll like it. Costner is it, must be 3 1/2 hours long right?

Field of Dreams, I don't like sports but for some reason I like sports movies. One of these days I'll catch it, I'm sure I'll like it. Costner is it, must be 3 1/2 hours long right?
That was funny, one of those coming. Field Of Dreams is just one forty five I think and it flies.

That was funny, one of those coming. Field Of Dreams is just one forty five I think and it flies.
I like Costner pretty well. I think I could watch almost any of his films and have a positive reaction to them. I even like Waterworld and The Postman

I like Costner pretty well. I think I could watch almost any of his films and have a positive reaction to them. I even like Waterworld and The Postman
I like Waterworld quite a bit. Only watched Postman when it came out, but I did enjoy it. Have you watched Hatfield And McCoys?

I like Waterworld quite a bit. Only watched Postman when it came out, but I did enjoy it. Have you watched Hatfield And McCoys?
Nope, and my wife has mentioned wanting to watch it several times in the past. I'm betting I'd love it. Your thoughts on it?

Nope, and my wife has mentioned wanting to watch it several times in the past. I'm betting I'd love it. Your thoughts on it?
Really good. One of a couple miniseries I have actually watched twice. Just really good character based storytelling with really high production value. Nothing fancy. If you are a big Costner fan I think you will love it.

Really great black and white cinematography. Love the pace of the film as it seems to be legit time. Love Cooper's performance. Kelly is there for a bonus. And of course a good soundtrack.

Really great black and white cinematography. Love the pace of the film as it seems to be legit time. Love Cooper's performance. Kelly is there for a bonus. And of course a good soundtrack.
I'm a huge fan of that one.

Another of those personal fun films that I don't expect anyone to agree on with this sort of placement. But it's one of my most watched films because I just never tire of it. As with most Denzel movies. Really love the story concept and a nice score I think too.