IMAX

Tools    

I've got to admit...I'm a major IMAX junky. Disney announced yesterday that they are extending their IMAX contract to include expanded forms of their classic animated movies. Beauty and The Beast comes out in 2002 with additional scenes and songs that are taken from the Broadway production. With this being the case, look for The Lion King in 2003.

The beauty part is that these releases are fabulous on DVD. I bought the 3 disc Fantasia set when it came out and the new IMAX version for the 2000 film is amazing.

I already have all the other IMAX DVDs...27 at last count. I highly recommend Everest, Mt Saint Helens, Alaska, and Dolphins. Dolphins was narrated by Pierce Brosnan and was nominated for an Oscar this week for best documentary short. The picture and audio quality of IMAX is unsurpassed and is just as spectacular on DVD.

Anybody else have any IMAX DVDs or tempted to buy them?

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Nope, I've never seen them on sale. Do they compare to anything what their like in an IMAX theater?

The sound and picture quality are just as good. The only major difference is that most of us don't have a ten story screen in our living rooms. lol

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea, I use to live in St. Louis and would watch them at the St. Louis Science Center. 24 story screen. I think its the biggest in the U.S. Maybe the world.