what's an easter egg?

Tools    

Hey all. I'm new to the site and I dont quite know what an easter egg is. Can anyone give me any information?

A system of cells interlinked
An easter egg is a hidden feature on some forms of media, usually DVDs or computer software. Hidden stuff for fans to look for. For instance a DVD may require you to push the slect button on your remote to the right five times or something and then a hidden menu will appear, with some deleted scenes, or behind the scenes footage. Some computer games actually have the eggs in the game for you to find....

I have an anime series and if you push left on the menu screen a bunch of times eventually the cursor pops over and lights up a characters eyes, and opens some hidden still frames/artwork.

You ready? You look ready.
Yup! What Zzat said about Sedai's post, "Hidden Feature".
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

My life isn't written very well.
mm-hmm,what John McClane said about what Zzat said about what Sedai said in his post: "Hidden Feature."

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I guess this thread should be closed, because the question had a simple answer

Randomly visiting for now
mmm.....mmm.....yeah what r3port3r66 said about what John McClane said about what.....oh scew it. Yeah it's a hidden feature (like sedai said )

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
mmm.....mmm.....yeah what r3port3r66 said about what John McClane said about what.....oh scew it. Yeah it's a hidden feature (like sedai said )
So whats the answer.

Actually, there are many books updated yearly, dedicated on revealing these easter eggs from movies. Costs around 25 canadien which is about $2.50 american.

Originally Posted by Escape
So whats the answer.

Actually, there are many books updated yearly, dedicated on revealing these easter eggs from movies. Costs around 25 canadien which is about $2.50 american.
Where would you get these books from? is there an online site that has them or can you go to some place like best buy and find them? this is kind of interesting, I never knew about these!

Originally Posted by badny2004
Where would you get these books from? is there an online site that has them or can you go to some place like best buy and find them? this is kind of interesting, I never knew about these!
Well, the last place I saw one was at the book store "indiglow". Never really followed up on it online though but I'm sure someone else would know.

There are a lot of sites about easter eggs, here's one I found on Google
http://www.dvdtown.com/eastereggs/
15 years ago, A mop boy named Melvin Junko fell into a case full of toxic waste and became a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, he became... The Toxic Avenger, the first superhero from New Jersey! Then came two shitty sequels, sorry about that. This is the real sequel.

Originally Posted by Citezen_Toxie
There are a lot of sites about easter eggs, here's one I found on Google
http://www.dvdtown.com/eastereggs/
Hey cool, thanks man.